Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:13 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclifton View Post
I'm thinking there's no point of ever eating pizza anywhere other than NYC. It appears that even if any other city does everything in it's power to make the absolute best it can possibly be, the fact that it wasn't made in one of the 5 boroughs makes it average at best. I don't know why we don't all just pack up and move to NYC!? What's the point in living if you have to live in fly over country?
I know this is sarcasm, but of the many places I've lived, Pittsburgh does seem to have some of the worst pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 10:15 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I know this is sarcasm, but of the many places I've lived, Pittsburgh does seem to have some of the worst pizza.
You should have been here when it was really bad.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:27 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,917,912 times
Related but not exactly on topic...but it's about pizza....

Is this a specific type of pizza, outside of being the some of the best I have ever had in my life, or just pizza of some sort...

Golden Boy Pizza - 1064 Photos - Pizza - North Beach/Telegraph Hill - San Francisco, CA - Reviews - Menu - Yelp

Old 03-17-2016, 10:30 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Sola sadly had a gradual decline from great slice to not from when it opened until they closed.
I know. Remember when it was Vesuvio. That was a true NYC slice, but it sure was short lived. They expanded when it became Sola and it was wildly inconsistent and then became just not good. Oh well.

It is no secrete that Pittsburgh just isn't a good pizza town. I have never figured it out. It isn't that big of a deal, there is plenty of pretty good food around.

There is that place in Penn Hills. Frankstown Wood Fired Pizza. I have never tried it, but heard it was pretty darn good. I prefer a NYC slice in style, but am okay with Neapolitan style now and again.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:14 AM

831 posts, read 878,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I suppose it comes down to personal taste. I've had a few in NYC, including the world famous Lombardi's, and they were all ok...they weren't horrible, but in the end they were pizza. There were none that I preferred over my local favorites (Conca D'oro or Joioio's), but I'm sure others would.

I just dislike the attitude that I see often times from folks from NYC.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:34 AM

373 posts, read 378,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Related but not exactly on topic...but it's about pizza....

Is this a specific type of pizza, outside of being the some of the best I have ever had in my life, or just pizza of some sort...

Golden Boy Pizza - 1064 Photos - Pizza - North Beach/Telegraph Hill - San Francisco, CA - Reviews - Menu - Yelp
Looks a lot like Detroit-style (Jets, for example) but it's tough to tell without knowing anything more.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:31 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Cops: Man Angry His Pizza Was Late Throws Things At Workers « CBS Pittsburgh

Old 03-17-2016, 12:35 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Anybody know which location?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclifton View Post
I suppose it comes down to personal taste. I've had a few in NYC, including the world famous Lombardi's, and they were all ok...they weren't horrible, but in the end they were pizza. There were none that I preferred over my local favorites (Conca D'oro or Joioio's), but I'm sure others would.

I just dislike the attitude that I see often times from folks from NYC.
I always see talk of the NY slice but those that talk about it don't post the slice they prefer. I'd wager few, if any have been there or had more than 1 or 2. I'd also wager few have left the city and have had anything outside of it.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Saw that last night. It made the news along with the students that were targeting other students with paintball guns and shooting at a bus. Great stuff going on for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh