Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 10:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Worked for the Pens.

It also took someone to make it happen. The team was so lousy NH had all but no choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 09:44 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times
Jeff Locke sucks and I have seen enough. That is all.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Jeff Locke sucks and I have seen enough. That is all.
He just needs the Serage Treatment, it's a "bridge year, they'll make it to .500, etc... It's a successful season.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:02 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,159,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He just needs the Serage Treatment, it's a "bridge year, they'll make it to .500, etc... It's a successful season.
While the season may be salvageable, although I see that as unlikely, calling it successful so far is definitely not what people are saying. I know you love to ride fans for accepting a lesser product, but I don't know any Pirate fans who right now are happy with the current team on the field. The rotation was putrid and the bullpen even worse for the first half. Cutch is looking long in the tooth, to boot.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
While the season may be salvageable, although I see that as unlikely, calling it successful so far is definitely not what people are saying. I know you love to ride fans for accepting a lesser product, but I don't know any Pirate fans who right now are happy with the current team on the field. The rotation was putrid and the bullpen even worse for the first half. Cutch is looking long in the tooth, to boot.
Other than Cutch's situation this was to be expected after the ridiculous offseason moves.

There's plenty of satisfied fans, and even some I know who think the Bucs can win the division. When they're told they won't even make the WC they are seriously mesmerized.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:55 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Guess they will lose Friday night... we will be there, and we have not seen a winning game all year.
We even went to a game in Seattle during their west coast road trip and they lost.

Last year, they won all we attended.
I don't know what went wrong...

Old 07-21-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Guess they will lose Friday night... we will be there, and we have not seen a winning game all year.
We even went to a game in Seattle during their west coast road trip and they lost.

What went wrong is the $$$ dump and lackluster replacements. Other teams are getting and have gotten better while the Bucs talent is not as good. You can only overachieve on the cheap for so long before it doesn't work.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:31 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

Stop going to games!!!

Old 07-21-2016, 04:49 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Stop going to games!!!
But we were winners all last year!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:13 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
What went wrong is the $$$ dump and lackluster replacements. Other teams are getting and have gotten better while the Bucs talent is not as good. You can only overachieve on the cheap for so long before it doesn't work.
The overall problem with this team is pretty obvious. You can't go into every year hoping to rebuild your pitching staff and bench with reclamation projects. Do you know how bad they'd be if they hadn't have struck gold with Friese and Joyce to give them a little depth? Next year..... they'll be starting from scratch again.

The other problem this year is three of their "Best" players..... Cutch, Cole, and Liriano..... have greatly underperformed. They don't have any true stopper pitchers out there as far as I'm concerned like some of the other NL teams.

If they weren't worried about "arbitration years", then Glasnow and Bell and maybe Kuhl would already be up here for good, and guys like Locke and one of the crappy bullpen guys would be gone. I'd at least rather watch them than some of the guys they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh