Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:13 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
We're not talking about Crosby here. And you are misrepresenting my stated position on him anyway (no big surprise there).

Stick to the subject for once... you are honestly in favor of giving Bonino more time on the ice than Malkin, and you are questioning my hockey knowledge?! That's pretty rich, dude.
Again, make the 3rd line the second line and Bonino doesn't get more time.

With your recent view of the best player in the world and the way you define the best player in the world, there's no knowledge to question. Yours is box score "knowledge".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 11:16 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yours is box score "knowledge".

Yeah. Stats don't lie.

Actually... come to think of it, you should already know that, since you are always tossing that little chestnut around on these boards.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Yeah. Stats don't lie.

Actually... come to think of it, you should already know that, since you are always tossing that little chestnut around on these boards.
They certainly don't, which is why I know that you don't mess with a winning combination that has put them where they are in the standings.

Big difference is that anyone who watches and follows the game and other teams, rather than just the box scores, and not just who the Pens play on a given night, knows that Crosby is still the best in the game.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:27 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They certainly don't, which is why I know that you don't mess with a winning combination that has put them where they are in the standings.

Big difference is that anyone who watches and follows the game and other teams, rather than just the box scores, and not just who the Pens play on a given night, knows that Crosby is still the best in the game.
It's amusing that you can always be counted on to dredge up an argument from months ago (and misrepresent others' positions in the process) to distract attention from the fact that you've made a losing argument in a current thread. Keep on keeping on!

Old 04-08-2016, 11:29 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
I haven't really looked up any stats, but they seriously may be having the greatest final regular season month in NHL history. If they win on Saturday they will have 1 loss in a month. Insane.

If Pens are going to win the Cup, they need Malkin and Fleury back and playing well.
In March 2013 they went undefeated for the entire month, so this isn't the first time they've done something like this. Hopefully their post season goes better than 2013 though.

Location: Close to Pittsburgh, but NOT Pittsburgh ('cause I don't pay CoP taxes)
252 posts, read 236,258 times
Since Malkin's injury, Bonino is averaging a point per game, Hagelin is coming into his own as a Penguin, and Kessel finally appears to have gotten untracked.

Would a line of Rust, Malkin, and Bennett (or Sheary or Kuhnhackl when Bennett suffers another injury) be so terrible? Does anyone think Sullivan would trust Bonino over Malkin on the power play, whether it's the first or second unit?

Malkin will get his minutes.

Quote:
It's amusing that you can always be counted on to dredge up an argument from months ago (and misrepresent others' positions in the process) to distract attention from the fact that you've made a losing argument in a current thread. Keep on keeping on!
I'm just posting the facts.

A losing argument would be an idea to split up a winning combination. You don't mess with the formula they've been using to win, unless you want to see them lose.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-08-2016 at 11:55 AM..

Old 04-08-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDiFiore View Post
Since Malkin's injury, Bonino is averaging a point per game, Hagelin is coming into his own as a Penguin, and Kessel finally appears to have gotten untracked.

Would a line of Rust, Malkin, and Bennett (or Sheary or Kuhnhackl when Bennett suffers another injury) be so terrible? Does anyone think Sullivan would trust Bonino over Malkin on the power play, whether it's the first or second unit?

Malkin will get his minutes.
Nice to see rational thinking from someone who obviously watches the games.

Malkin will certainly get his minutes, and should.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-08-2016 at 11:55 AM..

Old 04-08-2016, 12:09 PM

831 posts, read 878,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
that would line up with the original estimate they gave when he was injured (4-6 weeks).

do you have any new info? I also wonder about Fleury.
He was injured on 3/11. Today is 4 weeks from then, so coming back in the 1st round is right on schedule. I've heard he's already doing stick work on his own.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:13 PM

831 posts, read 878,923 times
Quote:
The Pens will be the laughingstock of the league if they keep Bonino on the 2nd line and move Malkin to the 3rd. That's absolutely ridiculous.
Malkin's line will be the 2nd line, regardless of who his wingers are.

The current 2nd line will become the 3rd line in terms of minutes, which is the only thing that matters since all 4 of our lines play a similar style (i.e., we don't really have a 'checking line' or an 'energy line'). We have speed and skill throughout.

As I said, that makes our bottom 6 one of the best in the NHL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh