Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 01:12 PM

560 posts, read 453,100 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I am coming to Pittsburgh in August to look at areas to possibly move to when I finish college in the spring. I'm a legal studies major and right now I work as a legal secretary. I will start job hunting as soon as I finish college, but I want to come out first and take another look at the areas I could possibly live in to be sure. When I lived in PA about 9 years ago we lived in Cranberry Township and I liked it, I'm sure the area has changed since. I'm moving from Maryland, and the only thing I like about where I live now is how close I am too grocery stores, resturants and target!

What I am looking for is a safe area, close to grocery stores, shopping (target is a must), and places to eat. I am looking to buy or rent (which depends on if I have a job first) and I have a dog, but he is a small dog (10 pounds). I don't go out drinking or partying much and I like having neighbors.

If I buy it wouldn't be a house so I am looking at condos, townhomes and apartments if I rent. Parking that isn't on the street is a must for me too. I am horrible at street parking. I would say budget wise I wouldn't want to look at places that are more then 190,000 if I buy or more than a 1,100 to rent because if I'm spending more then a 1,100 to rent I feel like I'm throwing money away.

What are the best areas to look? I was going to look in Cranberry Township again, but I want other areas as well that are close to downtown Pittsbrugh, but aren't in downtown because I'm not a huge fan of city living and lack of parking.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 01:51 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...ittsbrugh.html

^ You already started a thread on here about this exact same topic and have been receiving feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh