Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 08:40 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,915,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
You and I know it is true. What percentage of the black vote did Obama get? Why? Black people only look after black people. You know it and I know it. Most black people these days hate whitey because of the color of our skin. It just makes sense. We are the enemy. Nothing anyone can do about it. The media created this divide that wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. Personally, I don't care about any of it. Humans are humans. I am above all the crap out there, but I am the 1% that thinks that way. Enjoy BRO!
This is inarguably racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 10:34 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,022,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This is inarguably racist
I will concede - yes, that is racist, by some definitions. I would first call it "prejudgmental" or "bigoted", but not exactly racist. I think racism would be if gg denied another person their rights (to speak, to happiness, to a home, to equality, etc.)

Old 06-07-2016, 10:52 AM

4,176 posts, read 2,930,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
I will concede - yes, that is racist, by some definitions. I would first call it "prejudgmental" or "bigoted", but not exactly racist. I think racism would be if gg denied another person their rights (to speak, to happiness, to a home, to equality, etc.)
Comical? Ridiculous?

Old 06-07-2016, 10:59 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,022,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Comical? Ridiculous?
Please, forgive me.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:29 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,841,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
No surprise there.
Not to be confused with a 1%'er. I think that would be too stressful of a life.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:37 AM
gg

Quote:
Bro? I am black and I do not hate anyone. I was not raised that way. Hate is a very strong word and it takes too much energy to hate someone. Black people are a very forgiving people. More so than any other race in this nation. I am too consumed with my career and family life and really don't have time to hate a whitey bro. I work and attend church with white people daily. My daughter plays soccer and dances in her high school musical with white children as well. Black people look after black people huh? Please elaborate and while doing so put it into context. Not too long ago this country was on the verge of calamity due to white people looking out for white people. You feel as if you are the enemy and your lack of self-esteem has nothing to do with black people, Mexican Americans or any other large minority in this country. I know you are scared of what the future may bring. One thing for sure America will never be GREAT again....bro.
Ah, my post was over the top and exaggerated to the max due to too much booze. I do feel pressure these days being some white male. It just feels like we are attacked because we are white and male. Kind of an odd feeling and I never felt it before. I think the media/Internet is having a very bad effect on people in general. It really saddens me. I was brought up to treat everyone the same and not pay attention to race or whatever. Now that attitude seems to be called, "white privilege". So how am I supposed to act? I guess I will just ignore it all and not pay attention to all the color/race thingy. I thought that was the goal.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Ah, my post was over the top and exaggerated to the max due to too much booze. I do feel pressure these days being some white male. It just feels like we are attacked because we are white and male. Kind of an odd feeling and I never felt it before. I think the media/Internet is having a very bad effect on people in general. It really saddens me. I was brought up to treat everyone the same and not pay attention to race or whatever. Now that attitude seems to be called, "white privilege". So how am I supposed to act? I guess I will just ignore it all and not pay attention to all the color/race thingy. I thought that was the goal.
So you can just imagine what people of color felt in this country for centuries. Not a good feeling and with that you cannot dwell on it. Look past it and move forward. Some white people believe that we should live in a color blind society. I would never want to be seen as anything other than what I am. I am a black American man. I have a rich history here and do not want that history lost. We should aim towards an accepting society and recognize all of our differences. Ignoring a problem does not make the problem go away. Ignorance is what got us to this point. Enlightenment gg.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:10 PM
gg

Quote:
So you can just imagine what people of color felt in this country for centuries. Not a good feeling and with that you cannot dwell on it. Look past it and move forward. Some white people believe that we should live in a color blind society. I would never want to be seen as anything other than what I am. I am a black American man. I have a rich history here and do not want that history lost. We should aim towards an accepting society and recognize all of our differences. Ignoring a problem does not make the problem go away. Ignorance is what got us to this point. Enlightenment gg.
So you want me to treat you differently than some white person? Really? How? Do I pity you? Do I try and feel what it is like to be a black person? Is Obama enough of a success to feel that we are equal? I really don't know what you want whitey to do? I do feel it is a no win for white people. What if god created man equally? Guess I was brought up to feel there isn't any difference in black and white people because you have everything in each race. You have black murders and white ones. You have white businessmen and black ones. You have a black president of the United States and there have been white ones. Why categorize by race, why not by personality? Guess I will never get it. I think the separation is super old and played. Sorry, but there are just way to many successful black people to pretend black people are held back. They aren't. Blacks have pretty much held every super powerful position in the US, so there just isn't any real difference anymore. I think you are living too much in the past. The media sure wants the race thingy to be a big deal. It isn't. It is a joke on all of us.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
So you want me to treat you differently than some white person? Really? How? Do I pity you? Do I try and feel what it is like to be a black person? Is Obama enough of a success to feel that we are equal? I really don't know what you want whitey to do? I do feel it is a no win for white people. What if god created man equally? Guess I was brought up to feel there isn't any difference in black and white people because you have everything in each race. You have black murders and white ones. You have white businessmen and black ones. You have a black president of the United States and there have been white ones. Why categorize by race, why not by personality? Guess I will never get it. I think the separation is super old and played. Sorry, but there are just way to many successful black people to pretend black people are held back. They aren't. Blacks have pretty much held every super powerful position in the US, so there just isn't any real difference anymore. I think you are living too much in the past. The media sure wants the race thingy to be a big deal. It isn't. It is a joke on all of us.
Not sure how or why you came to this conclusion based on my post. I have never asked white people for anything. Never ever. Everything I have I earned on my own. I could care less what anybody else does let alone a specific type of person. I am a married family man raising two children. I'm focused on my career, children's activities, marriage, yard work, vacation planning, retirement, and summer time cook outs. Please DO NOT feel any pity for me. I am doing just fine and most black people are. You need to pray for the spirit of discernment if you depend on the media for information concerning race relations.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 AM
gg

Quote:
Not sure how or why you came to this conclusion based on my post. I have never asked white people for anything. Never ever. Everything I have I earned on my own. I could care less what anybody else does let alone a specific type of person. I am a married family man raising two children. I'm focused on my career, children's activities, marriage, yard work, vacation planning, retirement, and summer time cook outs. Please DO NOT feel any pity for me. I am doing just fine and most black people are. You need to pray for the spirit of discernment if you depend on the media for information concerning race relations.
My remark back was because you said, "Some white people believe that we should live in a color blind society". I thought that was the goal? That is where my confusion is. Color blind to me is not judging anyone by their skin tone. I don't think you can judge anyone by skin tone. You could probably learn more from someone from their clothes, since that is what the chose to wear, but since there is every walk of life with different skin tones, I always felt skin tone is meaningless.

I enjoyed the discussion. I am uncertain I will get it fully. Walking in someone else's shoes isn't really possible in this case. There are certain things we would see differently I am sure, but much more things we would see the same. The human race is much greater than its parts.

Thanks and take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh