Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 03:29 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,852,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Battle flag of the army of northern Virginia actually.
Second Confederate Naval Jack not northern Virginia

Old 07-04-2016, 04:20 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,831,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post

There are a lot of symbols that the south or rural Americans could adopt to showcase pride in their area of the country or way of life that have nothing to do with racism. That they continue to fly that flag is because they want to be associated with racism or see no issue with that association (which inherently makes them racists).

Signed,
- someone who actually grew up south of the Mason-Dixon
Again, as much as you want it to be about race all of the time, it isn't. Lots of people fly the rebel flag for a lot of different reasons. It was very common back in the 70's and it of course was called a rebel flag. No one thought about racism that I knew that had one. Not sure why everyone with their race agendas can't be more flexible about anything. I ISN'T about race. It is a rebel flag and all about freedom against the grain.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:24 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,936,024 times
Yes, I always feel oppressed by grain. Now I understand the term "hayseed".

You're the Original Fox Chapel Hillbilly!

Old 07-04-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Yes, I always feel oppressed by grain. Now I understand the term "hayseed".

You're the Original Fox Chapel Hillbilly!
Nope, just not some extremist on the Internet spewing garbage and telling everyone they should live the same way. I know people personally that have a rebel flag on a hat or a license plate and it doesn't have anything to do with race at all, but whatever. It is easier to just label everything the same and not actually think.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:35 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,864,952 times
We can't blame country music or flags for bad behavior. What they should do is stop the tailgating in the parking lots since grown adults can't be responsible. Drastically limit the entrance time to the parking lots. 6 hours is way too much time.

Trash left at big screen after Sharks blow up Pens' party | Sports - WTAE Home

The parking lots after Pirates games are a mess too.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
We can't blame country music or flags for bad behavior. What they should do is stop the tailgating in the parking lots since grown adults can't be responsible. Drastically limit the entrance time to the parking lots. 6 hours is way too much time.

Trash left at big screen after Sharks blow up Pens' party | Sports - WTAE Home

The parking lots after Pirates games are a mess too.

Ha, ha, ha. Just as I have been saying all along. Pittsburgh people litter a lot. It has NOTHING to do with Chesney or some certain type of people around here. Just a lot of types around here little like mad.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:51 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,820,774 times

Nation of wimps. Can't handle a little smoke and noise anymore. hahahahaha!

All of these Pittsburgh Kenny Chesney concerts are same story, different year. The press should not bother us unless *nothing* happens at the next one. THAT would be news.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:53 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,820,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Well Benstonium has created a preview parody for the havoc tomorrow will bring. Personally, I will be evacuating from the city this evening .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-NTPJKuX9A
^ That is wicked funny!

Old 07-04-2016, 06:20 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,581,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Again, as much as you want it to be about race all of the time, it isn't. Lots of people fly the rebel flag for a lot of different reasons. It was very common back in the 70's and it of course was called a rebel flag. No one thought about racism that I knew that had one. Not sure why everyone with their race agendas can't be more flexible about anything. I ISN'T about race. It is a rebel flag and all about freedom against the grain.
That isn't how symbols work. As much as you want it to be about anything but race it still is. People who don't want to be associated with racism are averse to it. People who don't see racism as being that big of a deal because its a part of their community or are outright racists themselves embrace it.

It will always be about race as people make a conscious choice to accept a symbol that is historically racist to represent themselves and what they hold dear.

Its the same reason that white people can't magically reinvent the "N" word as something that is socially acceptable for them to say, try as they might. Too much history, much of it recent history at that.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:23 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,356,175 times
Nice to see you posting again, Q-Tip Motha! Now if we could only track down Hopes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh