Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 02:20 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,223,692 times

Advertisements

48 TONS of garbage !

Drunken Chesney fans leave 48 tons of garbage in Pittsburgh | TribLIVE

Old 07-03-2016, 02:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
Must've been prepared as I read somewhere that everything was cleaned up in 6 hours.

Sounds like the city is better prepared for these events now. I expect the next one to go even smoother.

Last edited by erieguy; 07-03-2016 at 02:45 PM..

Old 07-03-2016, 04:08 PM

994 posts, read 901,027 times
Nice to see Pittsburgh making the drudgereport and news in the UK over this embarrassment.
Country concert chaos: Kenny Chesney performs in Pittsburgh, leading to seven arrests, 37 hospitalizations and more than 48 TONS of garbage left behind | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-03-2016, 04:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Much of the read is the same as the local reports and considers it a big improvement and a success, especially with only 6 hours of cleanup. The extra facilities and receptacles sounded like it made a big improvement.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:56 PM

395 posts, read 488,378 times
It sounds to me like people are getting drunk and getting into fights. I imagine the same thing isn't exactly unheard of at say, Rock concerts, but you don't hear about people getting arrested everytime a Rock band is in town. Why? This might sound paranoid, and maybe it is, IDK, but could it possibly be because the Pittsburgh police are Liberally bias and are picking on Country Western fans because a lot of Country Western fans are Conservative ? Just saying. I do remember reading once about a case from a few years ago about a Black judge giving a young white man a harsh sentence and he stated his reason as being because you see young black men getting harsh sentences for less severe crimes all the time and so basically it was pay back, more or less. You sure wouldn't see a Conservative judge doing the same thing.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:06 PM

994 posts, read 901,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastad View Post
It sounds to me like people are getting drunk and getting into fights. I imagine the same thing isn't exactly unheard of at say, Rock concerts, but you don't hear about people getting arrested everytime a Rock band is in town. Why? This might sound paranoid, and maybe it is, IDK, but could it possibly be because the Pittsburgh police are Liberally bias and are picking on Country Western fans because a lot of Country Western fans are Conservative ? Just saying. I do remember reading once about a case from a few years ago about a Black judge giving a young white man a harsh sentence and he stated his reason as being because you see young black men getting harsh sentences for less severe crimes all the time and so basically it was pay back, more or less. You sure wouldn't see a Conservative judge doing the same thing.
Nonsense. If a rap concert with lots of African American Democrat voters had 1/10 of the issues, the concert would never come back again.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:54 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,705 times
If Wiz Khalifa fans acted like the Cheney fans the National Guard would be called out.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:56 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,279 times
Quote:
Yes, you are clearly paranoid. If you actually read the articles carefully, you'll see that the police made FEWER arrests than they could have, as they were actually looking to let people off easy. So it's exactly the opposite of what you believe.

“We had about seven physical arrests, all for alcohol-fueled violence or other types of, uh, misbehavior, shall we say, a summons arrest, and about [four] citations issued,” Chief McLay said. “So for the number of people and the amount of alcohol, those are low numbers. Largely, they’re low because officers did everything they could to try to maintain order without having to make arrests. Our objective wasn’t to fill the jails or write a ton of tickets, but rather maintain order.

-Pittsburgh Police Chief Cameron McLay

Few Arrests Made At Kenny Chesney Concert « CBS Pittsburgh

Why do Chesney's fans get special privileges? Is it because they are almost all white burbanites?

Old 07-04-2016, 07:43 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
I don't think people live in the same Pittsburgh as I do. Our entire region is FILLED with littler. FILLED!!! Have you ever driven up Allegheny River Blvd? What about Negley Run? Have you ever just walked anywhere around our city other than downtown? The amount of littler is amazing. Even over in the Laurel Mountains it is filled with litter and people are complaining about this concert and now trying to make it a white privilege/black issue? Get over yourselves! Our region litters and litters like mad! People throw refrigerators over the hill, dirty diapers and everything else around here. The amount of trash on the sides of every road around here is filled! There is no race thingy here. Black neighborhoods are filled with trash just like white neighborhoods.

With trash everywhere else, what's the big deal about Heinz Field's parking lot? | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 07-04-2016, 09:01 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
...Rock concerts, but you don't hear about people getting arrested everytime a Rock band is in town....
Because it is not that much of a problem, at rock shows either big or small. I cannot speak for Niagara Pavilion, though.

And this perception that a show patronized largely by blacks would be under some type of surveillance and a higher level of scrutiny...OK, if you say so, but I think that is propaganda which people enjoy and extrapolate on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh