Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 08:49 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I didn't see it in the article but if a news source did reveal the rapist's identity good; I hope it ruins his entire life; pathetic he's being charged as a minor.
I completely agree with you on this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 08:28 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I didn't see it in the article but if a news source did reveal the rapist's identity good; I hope it ruins his entire life; pathetic he's being charged as a minor.
? No trial? Ruin someone's life before the facts come out? Interesting perspective, but no surprising these days. There is very little on this rape. I can't open the link provided here, but did read about it in other sources. Not a lot of information.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:01 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,585,894 times
OK, that's it. Kid with multiple priors, got arrested at a probation hearing this week, attacks a woman on a T stop and it's her fault. Now I know what it takes to get gg to defend a black youth with a criminal record: he has to beat and rape a woman while claiming to have a gun. I am officially done with this sub-forum. If someone sees me post here again, tell me that with all the spare time I seem to have I should be reading all of Proust or something.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:31 AM
gg

Okay, I finally read it on KDKA. Yeah, I agree that looks bad. DIdn't know the victim was in her 40's. Geez. That kid needs some help to say the least. Here is a working link.

Juvenile Accused Of Raping Woman At Baldwin Township T Stop « CBS Pittsburgh

Old 07-11-2016, 06:44 AM
gg

Seems by law they cannot charge him as an adult because no weapon. Seems he was the weapon. Scary stuff how something like that could happen at a busy T stop. That poor woman.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:12 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Sadly, it's just another repeat offender who committed a horrible crime who will be out the revolving door to do it again. Only real difference is he didn't steal a gun to use.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:02 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times
I think we lost sight of the fact that a woman was raped and scarred for life. What difference does it make if the perp was black or white? There are many rapes and sexual assaults reported on the news and we rarely discuss them. Is it because of the Wood Street T station and the alleged rapist was black? Help me understand why this post is not about the victim.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:41 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
He beat her bad enough to put her in the hospital. Guess he didn't need a weapon.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:03 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I think we lost sight of the fact that a woman was raped and scarred for life. What difference does it make if the perp was black or white? There are many rapes and sexual assaults reported on the news and we rarely discuss them. Is it because of the Wood Street T station and the alleged rapist was black? Help me understand why this post is not about the victim.
Yeah, I agree. I wish I would have read what happened prior to moronically posting on it. I apologized, but probably too late.

It is sad for sure and I wish her the best. I suspect you don't ever recover from being violently raped. Maybe there is a way to try him as an adult, but William Difenderfer said the law is pretty clear about a weapon charge. Guess fists aren't enough. Seems sort of hard to believe when you beat someone and rape them. It is really sick.

Sad even when some woman is raped we can somehow bring our own agendas into it. I guess these are the sign of the times. People are just getting colder and colder. Seems there sure is a lot of bad news this summer and with all this bad news maybe it is time to settle down and think about how awful much of this stuff really is. Lately I feel like just giving up on everything and just figure we are going down hill and down hill fast.

Enjoy the beautiful day though.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:13 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yeah, I agree. I wish I would have read what happened prior to moronically posting on it. I apologized, but probably too late.

It is sad for sure and I wish her the best. I suspect you don't ever recover from being violently raped. Maybe there is a way to try him as an adult, but William Difenderfer said the law is pretty clear about a weapon charge. Guess fists aren't enough. Seems sort of hard to believe when you beat someone and rape them. It is really sick.

Sad even when some woman is raped we can somehow bring our own agendas into it. I guess these are the sign of the times. People are just getting colder and colder. Seems there sure is a lot of bad news this summer and with all this bad news maybe it is time to settle down and think about how awful much of this stuff really is. Lately I feel like just giving up on everything and just figure we are going down hill and down hill fast.

Enjoy the beautiful day though.
I don't think the world is getting colder. It has always been a cold world when it comes to women and their bodies. It has been brought to the light in recent decades. I have a beautiful teenage daughter and I am very sensitive to issues like this. Rape is rape period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh