Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 11:45 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I mean if they stole the nomination, why wouldn't they steal the general election.
"they" did not steal the nomination

Old 08-01-2016, 12:01 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
[quote=Moby Hick;44974050]No, it really isn't. There have been people who have been trying to convince me that Hillary Clinton is crooked or evil or stealing votes or practicing witchcraft or something for my entire adult life. I'm now old enough that I have to be careful not to pull a muscle when I go down the stairs first thing in the morning. It's always been either nothing or a trivial wrong compared to what the people pushing the issue have done.[/quote.

^^^AMEN! A lot at stake this election.....more than any one issue, party or ancient myth. This I believe: The world is watching as are our children and grandchildren. Who is America? The results of our votes will reveal that to them and to ourselves!

Old 08-01-2016, 12:03 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It doesn't matter how you, and the DNC tries to spin it, the primary was rigged for Hillary, and there is no amount of spin that will convince people otherwise.
Yeah. You know... this thread was not started to discuss your theories about whether or not you think the primary was rigged. It wasn't started to solicit your predictions for what will happen on a national level. It wasn't even started to discuss the merits of flag-burning... although that is at least tangentially-related, as it occurred outside of a PGH rally for Clinton.

Kindly keep the comments to how Clinton's message may or may not resonate in PGH... OR try to present something... or anything... that makes your post relevant to the Pittsburgh subforum. There is a politics city data board for general political debates.

Thanks.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:22 PM

527 posts, read 319,864 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter how you, and the DNC tries to spin it, the primary was rigged for Hillary, and there is no amount of spin that will convince people otherwise.
Spin? What did the DNC do? Give an edge to Hillary who did better in more diverse states that held primaries by starting with the diverse state of Iowa... with the primary that was a caucus... and follow up with whiter
New Hampshire... oh wait that helped Bernie.

Wow, if the DNC was actively trying to hurt Bernie they did the worst job possible. I guess they made Bernie's campaign under perform with minorities and also fail to reach out to them more than
New England jam band fans.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:27 PM

994 posts, read 900,926 times
Hillary has shown poor judgement in the past, and will likely demonstrate poor judgement in the future. After Bernie suggested that they focus on the issues and not on the emails, she attacked him by claiming that he was against the ACA and that he was against Obama, so that she could secure the black vote in the southern states. it worked, but she had to sell one part of her soul to do so. She disgusts me. As does Trump.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:29 PM

994 posts, read 900,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickms View Post
Spin? What did the DNC do? Give an edge to Hillary who did better in more diverse states that held primaries by starting with the diverse state of Iowa... with the primary that was a caucus... and follow up with whiter
New Hampshire... oh wait that helped Bernie.

Wow, if the DNC was actively trying to hurt Bernie they did the worst job possible. I guess they made Bernie's campaign under perform with minorities and also fail to reach out to them more than
New England jam band fans.
Are you suggesting that the DNC would have needed to move the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries as evidence that they were in the tank for Hillary?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:35 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,049 times
Let's try again.

How would HRC's proposals affect PITTSBURGH, for good or for bad?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:36 PM

527 posts, read 319,864 times
Quote:
claiming that he was against the ACA and that he was against Obama, so that she could secure the black vote in the southern states
He made comments against the ACA (again, everything must be pure) and suggested running against Obama in 2012 (or supporting someone who did) so yes, her comments were fair.

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the DNC would have needed to move the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries as evidence that they were in the tank for Hillary?
You didn't read my comments.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:49 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
Luckily I'm neither rich or poor enough for either candidate to effect my life in any meaningful way; I likewise have enough faith in the design of the government as set up 200 odd years that no one person, regardless of how unpalatable they may be, can screw things up all that much which is why i discount all the fearmongering from both sides who can only get people to vote for their candidate by claiming that the other man/woman will institute immediate doom upon mankind if elected.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:53 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,889,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Luckily I'm neither rich or poor enough for either candidate to effect my life in any meaningful way; I likewise have enough faith in the design of the government as set up 200 odd years that no one person, regardless of how unpalatable they may be, can screw things up all that much which is why i discount all the fearmongering from both sides who can only get people to vote for their candidate by claiming that the other man/woman will institute immediate doom upon mankind if elected.
I wish people got this upset about congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh