Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 07:15 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,955,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Here may be part of the problem with why these events continue to spiral out of control and into violence:
Juvenile fights in Downtown Pittsburgh shock residents | TribLIVE

Literally, only a handful of arrests - and others simply got citations. A woman was pushed over by a group of juveniles and needed medical attention. And her attacker was simply cited.

These kids act like animals because there are no consequences for their actions.

It is time for McLay to knock it off with the politically-correct photo ops. And time for Mayor Ten Speed to let the police know they have his support. They need to make some examples during the next public event where this happens - if there are fights, the cops are going in with batons swinging to break some arms. If these kids kids want to act like monkeys by attacking passers-by, walking on peoples cars, trying to disarm the police, etc - then they can be treated like monkeys by being locked in a cage at Shuman.

I'm staying away from downtown events until the Hug A Thug method of policing gives way to policing that protects law and order. I'm not going to endanger my son because this administration, and its supporters, don't want to keep my family safe from "disadvantaged" youths.
White people would be up in arms at the site of a man abusing a monkey.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:41 AM

110 posts, read 80,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
White people would be up in arms at the site of a man abusing a monkey.
THIS

And gladhands, your post was on target as well!

Old 08-09-2016, 07:51 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,540,936 times
This wasn't a fight between a few kids.

Quote:
They were just running around the streets, blocking traffic, blocking buses, walking on top of people's cars,” Litherland said.

“They beat up a 65-year-old lady that was just walking down the street. ... It was insane,” he said. “They were just basically running wild around Downtown, doing whatever they wanted.”
Quote:
"They were antagonizing the cops and then having the cops chase after them,” said Litherland. “It seemed like a big game.”
Juvenile fights in Downtown Pittsburgh shock residents | TribLIVE Mobile

Old 08-09-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Really!? No ****!

No has said "oh goodness, a wee scuffle among a few youths! why all the fuss?" We're talking about how to deal with this specific instance of behavior as well as how to head off such behavior before it becomes regular or problematic. Have you read the discussions in this forum up to this point?

Old 08-09-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzer93 View Post
Really!? No ****!

No has said "oh goodness, a wee scuffle among a few youths! why all the fuss?" We're talking about how to deal with this specific instance of behavior as well as how to head off such behavior before it becomes regular or problematic. Have you read the discussions in this forum up to this point?
Yes, someone did just post that.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Yes, someone did just post that.
If you're talking about gladhands' post, I don't think he was saying "there's nothing going on here, look away," but rather contextualizing the humans behind the actions that tyovan4 was dehumanizing. I'll let the poster explain the fuller meaning though behind their intentions, but if that's what you're referring to then that's not how I reasonably interpreted it.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
If you're talking about gladhands' post, I don't think he was saying "there's nothing going on here, look away," but rather contextualizing the humans behind the actions that tyovan4 was dehumanizing. I'll let the poster explain the fuller meaning though behind their intentions, but if that's what you're referring to then that's not how I reasonably interpreted it.
He asked if Tyovan had ever been in a fight. This wasn't a fight. It was more akin to a riot.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:11 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,590,030 times
Quote:
He's talking about me, I think. I was going off the report linked in the very first post. It's since looked more serious.

I can't follow this because I've hidden everybody you and gladhands are arguing with (tyovan4 just now because of what was said here, the others long ago).

Old 08-09-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
He's talking about me, I think. I was going off the report linked in the very first post. It's since looked more serious.

I can't follow this because I've hidden everybody you and gladhands are arguing with (tyovan4 just now because of what was said here, the others long ago).
Oooo! How do you hide people? That might be useful to know (newness to the forum showing again).

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2016, 08:14 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,590,030 times
Quote:
Oooo! How do you hide people? That might be useful to know (newness to the forum showing again).

Thanks!
Click on your name (up by where it says "Welcome" in the upper right), the "My Settings" in the upper left, and then "Edit Ignore List" will be in the menu running down the left side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh