Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 06:36 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
I'm surprised nobody's responded yet with a: "Well, that's just part of urban living. Nobody actually got hurt though, so we just all need to accept it and not give suburbanites more excuses about not wanting to come into the City."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
as long as it stays out of the east end, right?
It's probably because we see the race-baiting in your histrionics. No one posts about the seventeen arrests at each Steelers game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.dd17e1e7f775

Old 08-09-2017, 06:41 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It's probably because we see the race-baiting in your histrionics. No one posts about the seventeen arrests at each Steelers game.

A straw man as usual. But yes both instances are equally heinous.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:45 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,879,034 times
Quote:

I can't speak to others but if there were mass fights at steeelers games (especially if they kept occurring in the same section of the stadium) & the police failed to arrest multiple persons involved or otherwise able to bring order to an unsafe situation that effects other people in attendance i would also find such to be problematic rather then going out of my way to downplay the event for some unknown reason.

Luckily as you point out, the police seem to be on top of arresting the culprits at football games that decide to act up & hopefully successfully defuse unruly situations before they blow up. I prefer heavy handed police response when human beings act uncivilized regardless of their skin color.

Last edited by UKyank; 08-09-2017 at 07:04 AM..

Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:

Links to these "similar" acts of violence during home Stillers games?

Old 08-09-2017, 07:21 AM

969 posts, read 771,617 times
Quote:
as long as it stays out of the east end, right?
Larimer, Homewood, and Garfield are the East End. Not sure what you are talking about.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:40 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
Larimer, Homewood, and Garfield are the East End. Not sure what you are talking about.
Not sure why you would bring up those areas. You mentioned that this wasn't worth discussing. I brought up your area and indicated that you probably think it was worth discussing if it was happening in your area.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Not sure why you would bring up those areas. You mentioned that this wasn't worth discussing. I brought up your area and indicated that you probably think it was worth discussing if it was happening in your area.
I work downtown, so that area matters to me also. Just like the rest of the city. Pick fights much?

Old 08-09-2017, 07:50 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,231 times
Don't know how they'd enforce it but maybe kids under 18 have to have a parent with them to attend these events. This is just as unacceptable as the ongoing violence in the South Side and the shootings all over the city, and REGION. I do not accept it, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I have a lower set of standards for myself and family because I choose to live in the city either.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:51 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
i never heard of issues at Steeler games with mass arrests.

who would ever think THAT was acceptable? Sure, that too would offend people who simply want a world where people are civil in public.

Gladhands, i did not click on your link, but who is "race baiting"?? If we were in a gritty working class town in Ireland and there were gang fights in downtown Dublin, the narrative would be no different.

I suspected some people are very uncomfortable with this thread because the video shows black kids. no, it shows idiots fighting for the sake of fighting. i'm guessing it was a fight with four people that grows because kids are just angry for no good reason.

no one made it a race thing until the thought police accused someone of "race baiting". can we let that die and examine this problem in a bigger context? or will this be another thread where papa Yac busts down the bedroom door and brings the pajama party melee to a halt with his leather strap?

Old 08-09-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Don't know how they'd enforce it but maybe kids under 18 have to have a parent with them to attend these events. This is just as unacceptable as the ongoing violence in the South Side and the shootings all over the city, and REGION. I do not accept it, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I have a lower set of standards for myself and family because I choose to live in the city either.
It is a problem outside of the City too, but we are the punching bag. Fighting isn't great. Drug shootings are very bad, and nowhere is completely immune.

Arrest made in shooting in Cranberry Township | WPXI

“My goodness, yeah, never heard of any shooting here,” said Koebler. “I mean, it's a real nice neighborhood. But, oh gosh, it's falling apart.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh