Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 10:57 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times

Advertisements

It seems like it is really getting crazy as of late. Looking forward to winter to be honest. Pittsburgh is no place for civilized people in the evening hours. Guess this will be the norm. We are headed back to the early 80's and maybe worse. A certain group is overrunning the place and there is no stopping it I guess. Ferguson Effect? Not sure, but I am done with downtown at night. There are other places to go. I am already thinking of something else to do for NYE. I usually go downtown with my family, but that is DONE! I don't want to deal with this crap. I want to enjoy my night with my family. Pittsburgh is totally overrun and there is no end in sight.

Pittsburgh police work to disperse disorderly crowds from downtown | WPXI

Lots of other videos are out there, but it is too depressing!

Old 08-08-2016, 04:37 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It seems like it is really getting crazy as of late. Looking forward to winter to be honest. Pittsburgh is no place for civilized people in the evening hours. Guess this will be the norm. We are headed back to the early 80's and maybe worse. A certain group is overrunning the place and there is no stopping it I guess. Ferguson Effect? Not sure, but I am done with downtown at night. There are other places to go. I am already thinking of something else to do for NYE. I usually go downtown with my family, but that is DONE! I don't want to deal with this crap. I want to enjoy my night with my family. Pittsburgh is totally overrun and there is no end in sight.

Pittsburgh police work to disperse disorderly crowds from downtown | WPXI

Lots of other videos are out there, but it is too depressing!
P-G details:
"Commander Ed Trapp said officers were still sorting through reports from the night. He said some of the arrests involved guns."
"Three police officers were treated for injuries that appeared to be minor. One or two seemed to have been exposed to pepper spray that people were spraying into a crowd, he said."
(http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ci...s/201608070241)

I think I'm going to have to start re-thinking taking my son to events downtown as well. No place for a 6 year old boy - not with these scum riding the bus to town from their ghetto hovel and then engaging in mass brawls/riots during every major downtown event its starting to feel like.

Peduto and McLay are losing this city to the criminal element by constantly bending over, kissing politically-correct butts, and their Hug a Thug initiatives.
Time for this softy-softy crap to end. Take back downtown for the law-abiding people. Maybe the next time there's a mass brawl downtown, and the perps have to go to Children's to treat the arms broken by police batons and the bites from K-9's - maybe then their idiot homeboys will think twice about pulling crap like this.

It's getting out of control. I've lived here for 7 years - and I never felt the need to exercise my right to carry my pistol concealed while going downtown until this summer.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:49 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,814,853 times
"We have sound clips from some people who were caught down here to give you a sense of what the mood was like. We will put those up in the next half hour."

Translation: We have to carefully review and potentially edit those sound clips to make sure they are politically correct. As reporters, we take seriously our obligation to bring you the news and the facts, but we have families to feed and don't want to end up like Wendy Bell.

Last edited by ny789987; 08-08-2016 at 08:02 AM..

Old 08-08-2016, 07:59 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,153,428 times
What an embarrassment.........

Old 08-08-2016, 08:02 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
Please Don't feed the Suburban Bigots.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:11 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,153,428 times
It is a problem though this seems to be happening during major Downtown events as something similar to this happened during the 4th of July celebration as well.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:13 AM

59 posts, read 97,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Yep. I've lived here for nine years and have felt fine. If you're near the actual events, you'll be good. Also, Again these seem to be teenagers/young adults. What is it with these kids lately? Do they not have enough to do?

Old 08-08-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
So people are supposed to ignore all these fights and large groups of teens causing havoc? I was down there on the 4th of July enjoying the fireworks and there was a shooting! Thankfully, I was on the North Side, but nonetheless it is concerning people are just firing guns at a family event! Sorry, but I am posting this kind of situation because it is IMPORTANT! We often go downtown for dinners and park on the street. I think I will forgo this now. There are other places to go not downtown. When winter comes along and it is super cold, I will probably take my family downtown again, but not in the summer months anymore. No thanks. People need to know what is going on and this isn't just one time, this is nightly.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
It is a problem though this seems to be happening during major Downtown events as something similar to this happened during the 4th of July celebration as well.
Yeah, just a shooting downtown. Nothing to see here.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:20 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
So lets get rid of all the summer events so we keep the ghetto kids in their neighborhoods, is that the answer?

We just need better policing. I still can't understand why on a normal weekday the police will allow the kids to loiter in front of the Wood Street T. PAT police is right there, you think they could easily keep the crowds moving along. Sally's don't complain about the Kids loitering right in front of their door?

I bet if that Boutique Hotel ever gets off the ground, that sh*t will stop.

I will not make this more than what its, certain people on here scope out articles like this to feed their stereotypical narrative, and try to scare a certain segment of the population with their narrative. Kind of like Trump with "the Mexicans"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh