Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you tired of the mass prolifieration ranking lists (especially cities)
Very much 16 84.21%
Not at all 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 05:30 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,572,366 times

Advertisements

Just because someone posts a list, does not mean I have to read it, like it, agree with it or even open the thread for that matter.

Not really sure how that fits in the poll though. I guess no....

Old 08-17-2016, 05:59 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,008,150 times
This area turned a corner long ago. We don't struggle to achieve some level of quality - except for transportation, I think we have reached a certain level of quality where the rankings are ho hum.

But there could be lists of rankings that might still be interesting, important, and invoke discussion, such as air quality, number of single parents, cost of higher education, infrastructure expenditures, etc.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:38 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,694,184 times
As the resident mod here, I really have to ask: do you want me to change into thought police ? To choose which topics to allow not because of the rules,but because I might not like them ?
If someone posts negative content, you can prove him wrong. You have access to the same internet. You can also ignore him, as threads that don't get responses don't get bumped back to the top.
Also remember these are opinions, positive or negative. OPINIONS. The fact that someone out there online has an opinion you disagree with should not be making you so angry. So what ? Walk it off! Have you been sheltered your whole life and it's the first time someone disagrees with you ? I'd understand these strong reactions then, but somehow I doubt that's the case.
Seriously, you are adults, yet some of you are acting like you're adolescents waging a holy war over whatever it is you're obsessing over right now. You keep forgetting people reading this forum have their own brains and can make up their own minds, they can see the negativity and how far from an objective perspective it is. Prove someone wrong - they'll see the evidence. Start fighting over it - they will only see a fight.
Anyway, I didn't come here only to yell at you all, I can also see I should have stepped in earlier before this whole thing exploded. I've been enjoying this forum despite the negativity that seems to bug you so much, because even if you disagree, often you can do it in a constructive way. This makes the Pittsburgh forums one of the most valuable among all the c-d forums. And I'd like it to remain this way and for you all to see what I saw here, not just this dreaded negativity.
I'm open to suggestions on what can be improved, I have some ideas too - but in private, as per our tos, discussing moderation in public is not ok.
I'm also closing this thread for the same reason.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh