Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 09:58 AM

995 posts, read 1,115,446 times

Advertisements

While I live less than 10 min away from Robinson, I still drive out to South Hills. I think mostly because it has more variety, and well, because I've shopped there since it opened in the 60's lol.

When Robinson first opened, their target customers were young career women. The stores reflected that with a preponderance of jewelry, shoes, and clothing stores. I worked there, and was able to attend a few mall/tenant meetings, this wasn't just my own impression. There's been a small, small improvement over the years (for instance Dicks), but not that much.
The anchor stores are small, the parking can get very tight (non-existent during the holidays), but the food court is decent.

So, just my personal thoughts between the two. Ross Park is awesome and a step above, I'd say a close race between that one and SHV for the #1 slot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 07:35 PM

395 posts, read 488,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan_152 View Post
Depending on what you consider "good" qualities in a shopping mall, I have listed the best malls based on a couple qualities:

Realistic shopping:
-Robinson Mall

High End Shopping:
-Ross Park Mall
-Possibly the Galleria (ive never been there before, but hear its fancy)

Relaxing shopping:
-South Hills Village (lots of natural light & an inviting atmosphere..)
-Waterfront

Food availability:
-Ross Park Mall

People watching:
-Monroeville Mall
-Century 3 Mall

History/Nostalgia:
-Monroeville Mall (If you're into zombies/60s architecture)
-Century 3 Mall (If you're into 80s architecture)
-Eastland Mall (If you like empty gravel fields, views of the Mon, & beer)
-Parkway Center Mall (If you like seeing the effects of landfills on parking lots.. its very nifty)

BTW: is parkway center mall still standing? I know its been closed, but was unsure if they started to redevelop the space..

Also, Im sorry I didn't include anything on the rt 28 corridor, but I'm unfamiliar with what these places have to offer..
Eastland closed years ago. The second to last time I was there,
which was probably about eight years or so before they tore the place down, there was literally only one store opened, it was a comic book store.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:40 PM

395 posts, read 488,316 times
As far as aesthetics go's I would say the Galleria in Mt. Lebo. As far as variety Ross Park. Now, if you're on a tighter budget than IDK, maybe CIII.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh