Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:39 AM

10 posts, read 8,733 times

Advertisements

Here is the state law: Section 505 - Title 18 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES

Here is a summary I just posted on reddit:

Paragraph 2.5 clearly states if someone unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a dwelling or even an occupied vehicle, then they are presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit (i) an act resulting in death or serious bodily injury; or (ii) kidnapping or sexual intercourse by force or threat.

Back in paragraph 2.1 it states something similar about being allowed to use deadly force if a person is in the process of or has already unlawfully and forcefully entered a dwelling or occupied vehicle.

Some think the intruder must have a lethal weapon, but that only applies in locations other than your dwelling or vehicle (Paragraph 2.3). In those circumstances, you have the responsibility to retreat EXCEPT if you belief it is immediately necessary to do so to protect yourself against serious bodily harm or sexual intercourse by force OR the person attacking you has a firearm or replica or any other weapon readily or apparently capable of lethal use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 10:56 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,467 times
I miss the city, but do not miss this. This is why people leave, not that criminals care about macroeconomic effects

Old 09-14-2016, 11:11 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,857 times
If someone breaks into my home they better be in & out faster than a 9mm

Old 09-14-2016, 11:29 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
If someone breaks into my home they better be in & out faster than a 9mm
Exactly. They know what they're doing is wrong and they deserve whatever consequences they get.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Exactly. They know what they're doing is wrong and they deserve whatever consequences they get.
I only own one handgun - precisely for the aforementioned home defense - been debating in gong to a higher caliber, .40 S&W maybe, but not sure I want to reduce magazine capacity to do so. Any opinions for such situations?

Old 09-14-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I only own one handgun - precisely for the aforementioned home defense - been debating in gong to a higher caliber, .40 S&W maybe, but not sure I want to reduce magazine capacity to do so. Any opinions for such situations?
I prefer a .44 but instead of buying another handgun I'd look into getting a semi-automatic home defense shotgun. You don't have to worry about magazine size as there's little risk of missing and some can hold 8 shells.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I prefer a .44 but instead of buying another handgun I'd look into getting a semi-automatic home defense shotgun. You don't have to worry about magazine size as there's little risk of missing and some can hold 8 shells.
I have a shotgun I just hate the mess it'd make inside

Old 09-14-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I have a shotgun I just hate the mess it'd make inside
Yeah, the only downside.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:58 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
Quote:
I own a simple shot gun, it holds 8 shells. I have one low velocity round with rock salt in it Incase it is my son sneaking into the house but after that I can shoot you through the fridge. I also own a cattle prod that has a high intensity light on the end of it. I am going to get it mounted on the barrel just Incase there are a few people I can zap my way out of a jam. I'm my line of work I keep cash at home, my workers know it also. I always worry about them running their mouths at a bar.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I own a simple shot gun, it holds 8 shells. I have one low velocity round with rock salt in it Incase it is my son sneaking into the house but after that I can shoot you through the fridge. I also own a cattle prod that has a high intensity light on the end of it. I am going to get it mounted on the barrel just Incase there are a few people I can zap my way out of a jam. I'm my line of work I keep cash at home, my workers know it also. I always worry about them running their mouths at a bar.
So long as they know they or anyone else comes in that you're going to "shoot you through the fridge", they should be less likely to take the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh