Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:39 AM

14,352 posts, read 17,017,204 times

Advertisements

We're two months into this, and finally reach a more classically suburban Allegheny County municipality. Most of the borough isn't walkable in the slightest, but it does have the most extensive network of T stations in the South Hills. The public schools are considered good, but not excellent, which reflects that it's much more a straight-ahead "middle class" area than Upper Saint Clair to its west. Bethel Bakery is very well regarded. That's about as much as I can offer. Maybe South Hills residents will have more to chime in here - particularly regarding different neighborhoods within Bethel Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 08:27 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,390,448 times
https://k12.niche.com/rankings/publi...gh-metro-area/

Bethel Park has a very good school district, I personally feel that with the cost of housing in the district it may give you the best bang for your buck in Allegheny county. Although it is not as walkable as Mt Lebo there are a few very walkable neighborhoods. When you factor in the t access a car is not needed to live comfortably in Bethel Park.

Bethel Park is home to some great places to eat, there is Danny's pizza with in my opinion the best hoogies in Pittsburgh, pasta too, casa Nayarit Mexican restaurant, and Jim and lou Lou's diner for breakfast and lunch.

Bethel Park is also home to brookside lumber, it is a very well stocked lumber yard with a large selection of cedar lumber and specialty plywoods. They have one of the largest millwork departments in Allegheny county.

I am sure I will add more this week but I have to go and earn a dollar today

Old 10-03-2016, 05:17 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,814,616 times
Clean, safe, affordable. Right next to South Park with direct T access to downtown Pittsburgh. Not a bad place to live.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:49 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,588,371 times
Bethel park has a wonderful chiropractic clinic ,on Broughton rd, called Falcone Health and Wellness clinic. I have been a regular there for the past 6.5 years. Not sure how I would get by without them since I seem to always be wrenching something at the dojo or getting knocked about by a horse. I have referred quite a few people to Dr Falcone over the years.

There is a nice little riding stable ,on Sansue rd, called Bethel park stables where kids of all ages can go to take riding lessons.

It's a fairly easy drive there from my home on the East end taking either the Liberty Bridge to 51 or going the back way out 885 past the little airport.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:50 AM

1,860 posts, read 2,578,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
It's a fairly easy drive there from my home on the East end taking either the Liberty Bridge to 51 or going the back way out 885 past the little airport.
I feel that driving from the east end to BP is the longest 10 miles you'll drive in the Pgh region.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:59 AM

595 posts, read 600,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selltheburgh View Post
I feel that driving from the east end to BP is the longest 10 miles you'll drive in the Pgh region.
That's definitely up there. I think Aspinwall to Munhall would be pretty painful too. Or driving from anywhere to get to South Park/Library. Driving on 88 is awful. Driving through the East End is awful.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:10 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,527,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lprmesia View Post
I think Aspinwall to Munhall would be pretty painful too.
We do this a lot. It isn't that bad but for the traffic coming home (sometimes) on Washington Blvd.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:28 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,390,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lprmesia View Post
That's definitely up there. I think Aspinwall to Munhall would be pretty painful too. Or driving from anywhere to get to South Park/Library. Driving on 88 is awful. Driving through the East End is awful.
He goes the back way over Lebanon church road, on the weekends it is a breeze to drive.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:39 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,588,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selltheburgh View Post
I think that depends a lot on the time of day. It usually takes me about 25-30 minutes to get from lower Squirrel Hill to the chiro's office in BP. I try to always schedule my appointment so I am not driving at rush hour. Most of the time I take the back way out Hazelwood to 885 to Lebanon Church to Broughton.

Personally I find the traffic-jam-palooza from Bridgeville to Squirrell hill at rush hour to be a far far more painful and obnoxious trip.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:08 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times
Nice area takes a half hour to go 4 miles though unless you're on the trolley. Supposed to meet a buddy one day after work at the Trolley Stop Inn..I'm skeered though. People always rave about Pasta Too but I have never been. South Park is nice.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 10-04-2016 at 07:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh