Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 07:39 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,148,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I completely believe Bernie would be the president elect now had he been allowed to be the nominee.
I don't know about that, in the primaries he had a very hard time getting much support from minorities and older people. I doubt many independents would have voted for a self described democratic socalist.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:44 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Well the racists have already felt emboldened at a York high school.
If true, that would be because of the media's twist on everything and nothing more. There is no news these days without agendas and hype attached to make money. You can thank the media's spin on everything for that mess.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:19 AM

96 posts, read 73,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Well the racists have already felt emboldened at a York high school.
They felt embolded after Obama was elected too. And after 9/11. Move along, nothing to see here, this type of news will be ancient history in a week or two.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:39 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Shouldn't that be data DOESN'T lie? Guess you're, or in your case, your one of the uneducated. I have a good friend armed with a CMU MBA that voted Trump. As a small business owner that provides healthcare for his employees, he saw his premiums jump 65% with Obamacare. Don't confuse a lack of education with a lack of brains, yinz don't need no degree n'at to be smart.
Winner.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:55 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
If true, that would be because of the media's twist on everything and nothing more. There is no news these days without agendas and hype attached to make money. You can thank the media's spin on everything for that mess.
The governor made a statement on it so yes it is true.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/governor...of-technology/

Old 11-12-2016, 09:56 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,162,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Winner.
Only if you don't know English (or Latin really).
See sealie's earlier post.
You're just looking sadder and sadder.

And many of you are really showing your lack of critical thinking here. Just because you know someone with an MBA who voted for trump does not change the fact that trump voters were less educated on the whole.
He did not say that he 'loves the poorly educated' for no reason.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Only if you don't know English (or Latin really).
See sealie's earlier post.
You're just looking sadder and sadder.

And many of you are really showing your lack of critical thinking here. Just because you know someone with an MBA who voted for trump does not change the fact that trump voters were less educated on the whole.
He did not say that he 'loves the poorly educated' for no reason.
Except I was referring to the entire post by Copanut so your use of grammar really isn't a concern to me..but hopefully when Obamacare is put to rest, Trump will work on the educational system which is obviously lacking.

And thank you for the rep points, but there's really no need to post the same thing here and to me in private.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except I was referring to the entire post by Copanut so your use of grammar really isn't a concern to me..but hopefully when Obamacare is put to rest, Trump will work on the educational system which is obviously lacking.

And thank you for the rep points, but there's really no need to post the same thing here and to me in private.
Why in the world would I give you rep points? You know I don't agree with any of your points, right?

And with Ben Carson proposed as Secretary of Education I would not put much hope in the educational system.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Why in the world would I give you rep points? You know I don't agree with any of your points, right?

And with Ben Carson proposed as Secretary of Education I would not put much hope in the educational system.
As was stated, the numbers don't lie.

The educational system can only get better and there will be at least 4 years to do so.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
I had a nice long-winded GFY for charisb but the site didn't take my post.

So, in summary (besides the wholehearted GFY which I can't let go based on the "Bless your heart" response), Trump won because the uneducated (as you implied) blue collar democrats in the rust-belt and fly-over country gave a big ole FU to Clinton and opted for the candidate that may bring jobs back. You enjoy your 1 in 50 County holier than thou where you think your BS liberal education degree counts. The rest of us will push forward using hard work (have you even ever performed manual labor?) to push this Country forward.
While I don't find 'GFY' to be part of high-level discourse, I am happy to be the lightning rod for your anger.
Note that I never denigrated lower educated people; merely reported that they are the ones who voted for trump based on existing data. That really hit a nerve despite the fact that he, himself said "I love the poorly educated" at one of his rallies and got cheers.
I genuinely feel sad for those who think he will create blue collar jobs. There is nothing in his background that in any way shows that he care about the 'little guy'. To the contrary, he has a history of declaring bankruptcies, lining his own pockets, and stiffing small business owners. He basically said '*********' to PA and other states and imported all of the steel and aluminum from his building projects from China (who he now hates although he again lined his pockets by outsourcing most of his labor to).
As I have mentioned I have a couple of neighbors who are great guys who truly believe trump will bring manufacturing to this area. I genuinely feel for them as I believe they will be deeply disappointed and even more disenfranchised.
I cannot help but to say "Bless your heart; I am from Georgia". And I am not sure why you care about my work history but I spent several years picking tobacco and I will put it up against the hardest jobs out there, FWIW.
And there are 67 counties in PA, not 50. Sorry, the educator in me couldn't resist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh