Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 03:49 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,958,830 times

Advertisements

Scott township is linked to chartiers valley school district and really should be considered given its proximity for work and city (if being close to the city is important). Greentree has a couple options but not many for 4b2ba requirements, but kids would all be zoned to Aiken elementary so could work for a few more years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 06:08 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,388,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
Scott township is linked to chartiers valley school district and really should be considered given its proximity for work and city (if being close to the city is important). Greentree has a couple options but not many for 4b2ba requirements, but kids would all be zoned to Aiken elementary so could work for a few more years
Collier is also a good choice for new construction in chartiers valley, the taxes are also some of the lowest in Allegheny county.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:08 AM

28 posts, read 30,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Collier is also a good choice for new construction in chartiers valley, the taxes are also some of the lowest in Allegheny county.

How is Chartiers Valley school district? It does not rank very high..

Old 11-11-2016, 07:33 AM

271 posts, read 331,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missevg View Post
I live in Scott Township, and it is fine, but nothing special -- similar to the District you are trying to move out of (Keystone Oaks).

I will be doing the same thing as you in a few years, moving from Scott to try and find a better school District. I will also need relatively quick access to Downtown. My preliminary list is similar to what has been mentioned: Mt. Lebanon, South Fayette, and USC in the South Hills; any areas within North Allegheny SD in the North Hills; and any areas in Quaker Valley SD in and around Sewickley.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:16 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,525,310 times
Quote:
Robrobrob,

Yes, that is a good option, but only till the next re-assessment..
Unless you are adding on the assessor will not know that you put 100,000 into a house. Your purchase price will help you when there is a reassessment.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:29 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,388,315 times
Quote:
Chartiers valley has been getting better since they hired a new superintendent a few years ago. They are building a new middle and high school. It is probably average or a little above.

I have a rental in bridgeville, my tenants love chartiers valley.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:05 PM

11 posts, read 11,252 times
Hello missevg, I see that you moved recently into Dormont area or in the Keystone Oaks High School area. I'm moving to Pittsburgh area this summer, and am looking into this district. How did you like it there, and more importantly how did you kids find this school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh