Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:37 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times

Advertisements

My life is > Yours. I do not have time to determine if a gun toting robber is a threat or not. I have to return home to my wife and kids........BAM BAM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 10:43 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
My life is > Yours. I do not have time to determine if a gun toting robber is a threat or not. I have to return home to my wife and kids........BAM BAM!
That's right. While you're deciding how dangerous the gun toting robber is you can end up dead.

Don't do the crime if you can't accept the time.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:07 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
I'm glad the employee was not harmed, harassed, or violated. Good for him.

Let me play devil's advocate here:

the employee "felt threatened".
the article does not mention that the perp revealed a weapon, nor threatened that he possessed a weapon.
robber did not enter food prep area.
there is a barrier between food prep area /counter and customer floor area.
broken window indicates haphazard discharge of weapon, posing a danger to passersby.

wouldn't the employee be under serious scrutiny here?

I'm just imagining what that lawyer Blaine would argue to defend the robber. I think he could conjure up an argument that the robber was not a serious threat, and that the employee acted above and beyond what is reasonable.
This kind of completely unfounded speculation is dangerous.

People talking out of their backsides is what lead to the completely ridiculous court case with Zimmerman, and Martin.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This kind of completely unfounded speculation is dangerous.

People talking out of their backsides is what lead to the completely ridiculous court case with Zimmerman, and Martin.
It's the same old story of the poor misunderstood criminal. Only when the poor misunderstood criminal affects their defenders in a personal way do they no longer get defended by them.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:43 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,891,134 times
Drugs. They woke up and needed money for a fix. That is usually the cause of early morning crimes.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:46 AM

346 posts, read 537,215 times
I don't care about the criminal ... I really don't but I feel like a guy robbing a Subway at 7am will probably just take the money and run. I don't think he would want to discharge his weapon. What if the robber sees the clerk draw his gun gets spooked and accidentally shoots another worker, customer, or the clerk with a gun. I know things "worked out" in this instance... I think this is more the exception than the rule.... also lucky nobody was walking by outside or driving by and got shot by a stray bullet. I just stand by my belief that guns do way more harm than good. I'm glad no innocent people were hurt.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:51 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
"Police said a man with a gun walked into Subway in the 2700 block of East Carson Street during breakfast hours and demanded money."

Pretty cut & dry what happened.
Yeah, man with gun, so all bets are off. Glad no one got killed just walking by the store at the wrong time. I suspect the robber is just another person hooked on heroin, but don't know.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrn14 View Post
I don't care about the criminal ... I really don't but I feel like a guy robbing a Subway at 7am will probably just take the money and run. I don't think he would want to discharge his weapon. What if the robber sees the clerk draw his gun gets spooked and accidentally shoots another worker, customer, or the clerk with a gun. I know things "worked out" in this instance... I think this is more the exception than the rule.... also lucky nobody was walking by outside or driving by and got shot by a stray bullet. I just stand by my belief that guns do way more harm than good. I'm glad no innocent people were hurt.
And then the criminal who did who knows what to get the gun to begin with, continues on his crime spree doing who knows what and hurting who knows how many along the way. "What if" is a played to death excuse/response.

I hope the clerk gets a huge raise and promotion. He deserves it.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:02 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrn14 View Post
Part of me agrees. Not sure how much training the employee has, but if he missed and hit the window someone could have gotten killed just walking by. People that don't think things through much are all excited when they hear about a story like this and pretend they could have done the same thing being all macho, but in reality the employee is just lucky his missed shot didn't kill some innocent kid walking to school or whatever.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yeah, man with gun, so all bets are off. Glad no one got killed just walking by the store at the wrong time. I suspect the robber is just another person hooked on heroin, but don't know.
Hopefully the next person that thinks about robbing a business thinks about the consequences in this one. Glad the clerk had the gun at the right time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh