Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 04:15 AM

3 posts, read 4,436 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking for the apartment around CMU, and I will moving to Pittsburgh next semester. I found some apartment which has amazing facilities and the price is very attractive. The address is Peebles street at Kelly ave (I believe it is regent square or wilkinsburg?). It is next to the east side of Frick park.

The concerns are:

1. it will be quite far away from the campus (around 20 minutes transit time searched by google map)

2. Will this area safe or not? This is my priority concern.

I do not care much about the restaurant or the entertainment nearby. I would prefer somewhere quiet. Could anyone give me some advice? Especially towards my second concern. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 04:51 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
That area is actually quite safe for a young person!

I cannot answer for "quiet", though - there are some brick streets in the area where car movement might disrupt your studying.

But for crime? You should be OK. And you do have the park if you need a break and want to hit the trails.

Hope you enjoy CMU, Ding - welcome!

Old 03-30-2017, 07:37 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,458,923 times
that area splits the line between pittsburgh ( park place) and wilkinsburg. Its pretty quiet around there and access by bus to CMU is pretty easy. You have a cool coffee shop a short walk away and 10min or so walk down to the main business section of S Braddock ave. also you have very easy access to Frick park which is a great place to take a walk, ride a bike, hike, jog, etc.

On the flip side, there are several notoriously bad property management companies that operate in the greater regent square area. Do a little research before renting an apartment you regret.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:16 AM

Thank you!

Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
that area splits the line between pittsburgh ( park place) and wilkinsburg. Its pretty quiet around there and access by bus to CMU is pretty easy. You have a cool coffee shop a short walk away and 10min or so walk down to the main business section of S Braddock ave. also you have very easy access to Frick park which is a great place to take a walk, ride a bike, hike, jog, etc.

On the flip side, there are several notoriously bad property management companies that operate in the greater regent square area. Do a little research before renting an apartment you regret.

Yes. The apartment is called Frick park village operated by brandy wine agency. I am not sure whether it is good or not since I cannot find the review online. Do you have any idea about this property? Thanks!

Old 03-30-2017, 08:33 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,458,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yifan Ding View Post
Yes. The apartment is called Frick park village operated by brandy wine agency. I am not sure whether it is good or not since I cannot find the review online. Do you have any idea about this property? Thanks!
I have never been in that building or have any personal experience with that company. I would expect it to be no frills and pretty modest accommodations. But at the prices they charge, thats pretty much what anyone should expect.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:34 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,231 times
They're actually in Wilkinsburg, but an area of the borough that should be very safe. Keep your cars and doors locked, I lived near here and had multiple car break ins and petty theft of property.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:38 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
They're actually in Wilkinsburg, but an area of the borough that should be very safe. Keep your cars and doors locked, I lived near here and had multiple car break ins and petty theft of property.
So you feel it is "very safe", yet when you lived there you had "multiple car break ins" and "theft of property". I guess one has a different view once you live in the suburbs for a while. If I wanted a quieter place to commute to CMU, I would look around Point Breeze near Squirrel Hill more. There is a vast area there that would be more quiet and further away from the problem areas.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:02 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,526,102 times
This is old but ...........

//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...park-apts.html

BrianTh was the Regent Square source in the past.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:08 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
This is old but ...........

//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...park-apts.html

BrianTh was the Regent Square source in the past.
Aside, I suspected someone here as being BrianTH, with a different user name. I forget which screen name that was, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh