Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 10:23 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,022,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Don't even bother, it's the cult of Trump. When he said he could kill somebody walking down Fifth Avenue and get away with it, this is what he was talking about.
I don't think it's like a cult at all. I think a lot of people (on both sides) approach politics like sports fandom. You always root for "your team," even if they're accused of cheating, or the quarterback has rape allegations against them.

It's fine if you view politics as a spectator sport, but it's a cruddy way to run a country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 10:45 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I don't think it's like a cult at all. I think a lot of people (on both sides) approach politics like sports fandom. You always root for "your team," even if they're accused of cheating, or the quarterback has rape allegations against them.

It's fine if you view politics as a spectator sport, but it's a cruddy way to run a country.
I find it more "what's in it for me" than anything anymore. When a person/group doesn't get it their way they want a "redo" and will kick and scream until they get it. Many have become extremely sensitive and expect everything to be given to them.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:24 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
What would you be saying if Hillary ended up being elected and was accused of what Trump has been accused of doing?
She would be accused of something for sure. She was accused of that FBI email crap that was a joke. All of it is a joke and Washington has no interest in "the people" at all. Trump is accused of this and that, whatever. I don't believe ANY of it, nor do I feel Hillary is guilty of some huge wrongdoing. I do question her foundation that probably paid for her daughter's wedding and who knows what else. She did extract MANY millions from being a so-called public servant. HA! Trump has probably a little better past to be honest. He is a businessman that no doubt screwed over some people, but employs some at a good rate as well. Mixed bag I suspect. Doing that crap in the business world is a little different than extraction as a public servant though.

Anyway, it is all smoke and mirrors. Maybe they will get Trump out of there, who knows? I don't feel the replacement would be better. Probably much worse, but no one cares about us citizens anyway. We are just a bunch of spoiled brats looking for the easiest route in life.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:33 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:

Keep in mind the word "allegations"! It is a very important word. I don't think Ben did anything much wrong and I don't think Trump did either. People want to cheer on other people's failures these days. Pretty ugly stuff if you ask me, but the hyped up media has people so worked up and hateful it is gross. Just look at how people drive these days for example. Talk about aggressive and selfish. So many people are spoiled and angry. Strange what the media has done to us in such a short period of time. It only gets worse from here, unless we start realizing what our new style media is doing to us. I fear we are much too late however.

Anyway, as someone that didn't like either candidate, but voted for Hillary, I am very much wanting Trump to do a good job and if he does, I would consider voting for him the next time around. Not a fan of increased military spending though! I just am not in line with people hating Trump to the point of wanting him to fail. Guess I like living a better life than those that prefer turmoil, but it gives people something to think about since we all have it wildly easy compared to a mere 100 years ago. We sure got soft!

Old 05-18-2017, 08:26 AM

684 posts, read 419,473 times
This is relevant.

You're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you - The Oatmeal

Old 05-18-2017, 10:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
She would be accused of something for sure. She was accused of that FBI email crap that was a joke. All of it is a joke and Washington has no interest in "the people" at all. Trump is accused of this and that, whatever. I don't believe ANY of it, nor do I feel Hillary is guilty of some huge wrongdoing. I do question her foundation that probably paid for her daughter's wedding and who knows what else. She did extract MANY millions from being a so-called public servant. HA! Trump has probably a little better past to be honest. He is a businessman that no doubt screwed over some people, but employs some at a good rate as well. Mixed bag I suspect. Doing that crap in the business world is a little different than extraction as a public servant though.

Anyway, it is all smoke and mirrors. Maybe they will get Trump out of there, who knows? I don't feel the replacement would be better. Probably much worse, but no one cares about us citizens anyway. We are just a bunch of spoiled brats looking for the easiest route in life.
The replacement will be Pence.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:01 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
I'd think by now the off-topic discussion would have been deleted with possibly some reprimand to one of the posters. I guess it depends on who the comments come from, and specifically what they are saying.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:09 AM

684 posts, read 419,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
The replacement will be Pence.
I don't think so. If they end up finding something on Trump, Pence will go down as well, as he was leading the transition team.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:55 AM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
Quote:
I don't think so. If they end up finding something on Trump, Pence will go down as well, as he was leading the transition team.
Correct, there is no way that Pence is not involved. He was the head of the transition. There are multiple issues, but Flynn is a big one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh