Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 05:52 AM

969 posts, read 768,018 times

Advertisements

The alt-right are Nazis or white supremacists there is no debate there. You can stick up for their rights all you want, but you need to be prepared to be seen as a Nazi sympathizer, which is what you are.

I'm so glad I left the GOP before this election, it's seems to be the gutter of American thought at the moment.

You guys should come to the Nazi event, show your faces.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:58 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,106,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
The alt-right are Nazis or white supremacists there is no debate there. You can stick up for their rights all you want, but you need to be prepared to be seen as a Nazi sympathizer, which is what you are.

I'm so glad I left the GOP before this election, it's seems to be the gutter of American thought at the moment.

You guys should come to the Nazi event, show your faces.

Everyone can unclutch their pearls as it's already been stated that there is no "Nazi event" happening.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:09 AM

2,529 posts, read 2,085,193 times
Blood and soil!
The Jews will not replace us!
Sieg Heil!
Who's streets? Our Streets!
Torches.
Pepper spray.
AR15's
Shields.
Body armor.
Clubs.
Nazi flags.
White Nationalists Party.
KKK.
Nazis.

These are not the elements of a "peaceful" rally.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:15 AM

969 posts, read 768,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Everyone can unclutch their pearls as it's already been stated that there is no "Nazi event" happening.
Come on down for the next one. Mingle with your people.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
Come on down for the next one. Mingle with your people.
Assumptions are always good food.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:48 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,075,409 times
I learned something new, if you believe in the constitution, you are a nazi.

This is why the left lost the election, they cannot have civilized debate, they can only make false claims in an attempt to character assassinate their opponents. It doesn't work, and it's the left that ends up looking ignorant, and intolerant.

Seriously, just look at some of the comments in this thread. Simply standing up for constitutional rights gets you labeled a nazi, despite the fact that I said several times that I'm not part of the Alt Right, and that I don't share their ideology.

The ignorance displayed in this thread is astounding, but is sadly not surprising. This is what happens when you have people completely uninformed, but insist that they know what they are talking about, and no amount of facts will change their minds.

It's a shame that the Google protests that are being planned because of Google's widespread censorship of Youtube is being tainted by those that want to push a false narrative that the Alt Right are Nazis, and white supremacists. Everybody should be opposed to the massive censorship of the internet that is currently taking place. Everyone should be protesting Google over its censorship of Youtube, this is an issue that should unite the left, and right.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:54 AM

2,529 posts, read 2,085,193 times
"The Alt Right are not white supremacists"
"I said several times that I'm not part of the Alt Right, and that I don't share their ideology."

If you don't share their ideology; how can you make the the first statement above? Hypocrite. I'm glad that you guys have the election to hold onto, because you aint got much else. The election was a sham, the president is a con man, and the GOP is in shambles. MAGA baby!

Old 08-16-2017, 07:04 AM

110 posts, read 95,535 times
Okay, let's break down some of the posts here, that truly lack self awareness.

"However, the 1st Amendment is what it is and it works both ways. Sometimes you're in favor of it and sometimes you're not. Everyone can't have everything "their way" all the time."

Right! And, it really goes both ways. Nazis were protesting in Charlottesville. People who are against Nazis (are we really calling anyone who is anti-Nazi the alt-left these days?) showed up to peacefully protest. By every account, except the Nazis and the president, the violence came from the alt-right. Not surprising that the group with assault rifles shouting "Soil and blood" were violent, but hey, if you want to be an apologist, go ahead. Exercise your rights, bud. Likewise, those of us who are anti-Nazi will exercise our rights to call you out. And, hopefully, employers will exercise their rights to fire everyone at these rallies and we can drive Nazis back into the shameful closets in which they belong.

"It really makes one wonder what people are teaching these days that they're arguing Constitutional Rights but promotes them only when they see fit."

Every Nazi-apologist argument can be summed up with this.

"You're arguing against the protest because of the protesters themselves and that is arguing a Constitutional Right"

You are arguing the protest of the protest of the protesters, which is a right. Pot, meet kettle.

And finally, to tie this back into Pittsburgh:

"Personal feelings don't trump Constitutional Rights." EXACTLY. Take a look at this Google guy -- he exercised his right to free speech, and published a spiel that anyone could see would be explosive. He created a PR nightmare, so Google exercised their rights to fire him. Why is the alt-right protesting this? I thought they were big fans of Constitutional Rights? I find it especially hilarious that this attack on Google is coming from the right, the very people who championed the concept of Corporate personhood.

The posters have every right to be wary, and upset at the thought of a bunch of ill-informed alt-right members threatening to "peacefully" protest on private property, which they do not have the right to do.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
"The Alt Right are not white supremacists"
"I said several times that I'm not part of the Alt Right, and that I don't share their ideology."

If you don't share their ideology; how can you make the the first statement above? Hypocrite. I'm glad that you guys have the election to hold onto, because you aint got much else. The election was a sham, the president is a con man, and the GOP is in shambles. MAGA baby!
Sour grapes won't make it better, thinking your way is the only way won't help any situation, and you're definitely not glad we have the election to hold onto.

In the end, and as I said multiple times, nothing even came of this supposed protest. Many however got duped into thinking it would, and have come to conclusions and assumptions that hold no water just because others believe in Constitutional Rights.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:05 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,075,409 times
I suggest that we ignore the trolls, and stay on topic.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Google's censorship of youtube?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh