Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 11:24 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times

Advertisements

11 reasons Philadelphia is better than Pittsburgh | PhillyVoice

https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/...n-pennsylvania

Okay everyone it's time to finally end this debate. It's no secret that Philadelphia has always been the bigger, more well known and more influential city throughout American history. The so called in-state rivalry between these two cities have always been one-sided as most Philadelphians don't see Pittsburgh as being on the same tier as cities like New York and Chicago are to us. Pittsburgh is a great city but it's not on the same level as Philly and these 2 articles show many reasons why Philly is better than Pittsburgh. Great articles and it's also many of the reasons that I've been saying for years now on this site.

Wow, it looks like Philly just knocked out Pittsburgh for the TKO! I guess Philly had to give "The Burgh" a reality check!

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 09-16-2017 at 11:46 AM..

Old 09-16-2017, 11:40 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
You're assuming we give a crap about Philly.

"more bigger"?

Old 09-16-2017, 11:53 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,599,209 times
Oh come on. Philadelphia should have this fight with Baltimore or DC or something. Pittsburgh is just different.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
Oh come on. Philadelphia should have this fight with Baltimore or DC or something. Pittsburgh is just different.
No, the focus is Pittsburgh. Even some of the most delusional Baltimoreans know that their city is not on the same level as Philly. For the most part, they know their place when compared to Philly. As far as DC is concerned, there is already so much debates on that city.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
No, the focus is Pittsburgh. Even some of the most delusional Baltimoreans know that their city is not on the same level as Philly. For the most part, they know their place when compared to Philly. As far as DC is concerned, there is already so much debates on that city.
Why can't you do this on the Philadelphia board, or the Pennsylvania board? I can just leave this thread now, and I will, but you need to know the degree to which I just don't think about Philadelphia. It's a city, and that's nice I guess, but it has zero to do with life in Pittsburgh.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Why can't you do this on the Philadelphia board, or the Pennsylvania board?
Because I wanted to put this thread on the Pittsburgh Board. If you don't like that decision, tough luck!

Quote:
I can just leave this thread now, and I will, but you need to know the degree to which I just don't think about Philadelphia. It's a city, and that's nice I guess, but it has zero to do with life in Pittsburgh.
I don't think Pittsburgh would even exist if Philadelphia wasn't founded. You seem to have a hard time giving credit when it is due. Philly beats Pittsburgh on almost every metric but instead of giving credit when it is due, you want to be bitter and act like a sore loser because your city loss badly when compared to another city. It's okay, most cities in North America don't match well against a world class city like Philadelphia.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:48 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,085 times
Quote:
Why can't you do this on the Philadelphia board, or the Pennsylvania board? I can just leave this thread now, and I will, but you need to know the degree to which I just don't think about Philadelphia. It's a city, and that's nice I guess, but it has zero to do with life in Pittsburgh.
It's nice to visit. Their zoo does a great job with the space limitations they have, the downtown area's getting revitalized, population is slowly growing, they've started getting a food "scene" above and beyond the cheesesteak. The only real negative with Philly is it's full of Philadelphians.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:53 PM

[quote=sealie;49537486. The only real negative with Philly is it's full of Philadelphians.[/QUOTE]

Old 09-16-2017, 12:55 PM

[quote=sealie;49537486. The only real negative with Philly is it's full of Philadelphians.[/QUOTE]

At least we have a hockey team.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
It's nice to visit. Their zoo does a great job with the space limitations they have, the downtown area's getting revitalized, population is slowly growing, they've started getting a food "scene" above and beyond the cheesesteak. The only real negative with Philly is it's full of Philadelphians.
I like Philadelphia fine. I just don't understand why any person from one city needs to compare it to another city just to, I don't know, feel better about themselves on a Saturday afternoon? Just lonely and bitter and insecure, I guess. I like learning about Pittsburgh on here, especially when I am stuck at a desk working anyway, but this kind of pissing contest always baffles me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh