Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 10:35 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times

Advertisements

North Side woman charged with assaulting Pittsburgh teacher with brick | TribLIVE

Parent follows a teacher in a car to assault her? Who would return to teaching at this school with parents like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 10:57 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
What kind of message is that parent sending to her child? Pretty gross. I hope that poor teacher is okay. Guess she lost a tooth, so that will be with her the rest of her life. Teacher enforces rule and BOOM life changing experience with crazy person. Oh well, seems some feel very much above the rules these days as if they don't apply.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:21 AM

461 posts, read 546,290 times
Disgusting. A word of advice: keep your windows and doors locked. It saves so many lives.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:22 AM

436 posts, read 343,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
North Side woman charged with assaulting Pittsburgh teacher with brick | TribLIVE

Parent follows a teacher in a car to assault her? Who would return to teaching at this school with parents like this?

One thing I haven't seen followed up on.............the apparent mother states her child was grabbed around the throat, and I don't see any follow up on that at all.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:30 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
One thing I haven't seen followed up on.............the apparent mother states her child was grabbed around the throat, and I don't see any follow up on that at all.
Um, the kid BIT the teacher, so if she grabbed her by the throat after being bitten, so what? You can't BITE a teacher period. The teacher has a right to defend herself.

It is always strange to me how there are some that want to blame the victim. There is no excuse for a kid to bite a teacher and certainly no excuse for following a teacher in her car smash her head with a brick and then pull her out of the car and beat on her. Maybe teachers need to start packing.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:19 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,053 times
Hopefully PPS takes all of this seriously..
I had something thrown at my car recently from a school bus, in City limits - I was worried the windshield was going to crack.
But instead the powers-that-be will wring their hands and cry that too many PPS students are suspended and that we need to coddle them, lest we participate in the "school-to-prison pipeline"..

I say these kids need to learn that there are consequences to their actions.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:43 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Hopefully PPS takes all of this seriously..
I had something thrown at my car recently from a school bus, in City limits - I was worried the windshield was going to crack.
But instead the powers-that-be will wring their hands and cry that too many PPS students are suspended and that we need to coddle them, lest we participate in the "school-to-prison pipeline"..

I say these kids need to learn that there are consequences to their actions.
It is amazing how privileged some people are acting. I think many of these city dwellers need an attitude adjustment. Just the thought of a parent going after a teacher because her daughter had her cell phone taken away even though there is a cell phone BAN in PPS. I see this attitude often if I am in the city after school lets out and students just cross the street and make people in their cars have to stop even though the car has the right-of-way. It is the new style that rules don't apply, I am privileged. It is becoming the new norm in the city.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:25 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It is the new style that rules don't apply, I am privileged. It is becoming the new norm in the city.
It's the guilt of the elites - they transfer their "guilt" onto folks like me. And make excuses for, and coddle, the kids who misbehave. It's a ridiculous situation. I got tired of dealing with the finest students of PPS in the cultural district while trying to catch my bus in the afternoons - so I gave up on the bus and just started driving myself.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:32 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
It's the guilt of the elites - they transfer their "guilt" onto folks like me. And make excuses for, and coddle, the kids who misbehave. It's a ridiculous situation. I got tired of dealing with the finest students of PPS in the cultural district while trying to catch my bus in the afternoons - so I gave up on the bus and just started driving myself.
I am just starting to read the book "Liberalism" by Burgess Owens. I think we are seeing the result of what he describes. I hope there is a way out to this at some point, because the coddling isn't working at all. Also, the way people whine about everything around Pittsburgh is getting ridiculous. I hate to tell those people we are actually living in good times for the most part. It isn't like we have massive unemployment, people in desperate needs, unless of course they are hooked on drugs and all the money goes to that habit. Best to enjoy these times because another hard time cycle will be here at some point.

Anyway, the everyone likes to be a victim thingy is getting VERY OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh