Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 06:46 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,899,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Its sad but at the same damn time you cannot serial harrass members of your community and expect no repercussions.
Wow, really? Really?

Let's put this shoe on the other foot, the next time an African-American with a lengthy criminal history gets shot by a police officer: "Its sad but at the same damn time you cannot serially commit crimes against the community and expect no repercussions.".
Would you feel the same way now that I played the Devil's Advocate scenario? I think not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 07:20 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Wow, really? Really?

Let's put this shoe on the other foot, the next time an African-American with a lengthy criminal history gets shot by a police officer: "Its sad but at the same damn time you cannot serially commit crimes against the community and expect no repercussions.".
Would you feel the same way now that I played the Devil's Advocate scenario? I think not.
You cannot play the devils advocate with this scenario. Criminals could care less about the law. Police officers swear to uphold the law. I could care less about a criminal with a lengthy record. Get him the **** out of here. I should add that a lengthy criminal record is not justification for a death sentence. I do not know or associate with black people with lengthy criminal records. Not all black people know each other not to mention that there are class divisions within the black community. I have a "nice" extended black family.

What about a law abiding black woman getting pulled over three times in two months? Getting pulled over for simply driving from her fathers housing plan.. ...

Philandro Castille was pulled over countless times. He was stalked by the police and was a victim of serial profiling. He was later murdered because of this. This young man was a lunch aide and loved by students and staff. I cannot watch the horrific video but it displays the lack of respect that some police officers have toward black lives.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Father, mother, son, cousin, friend, and girlfriend now in custody. Definitely a close knit community.
The alleged shooter is not from the New Ken/Arnold/Lower Burrel community. He was from Hazelwood. Through all of the dysfunction black and white it is still a close knit community.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:35 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Umm, that is exactly what people say almost every time police shoot a black man. Even in the absence of a lengthy criminal history.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:42 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,355 times
so this guy was only a cop for 5 months, and he spent the entire 5 months harassing wpipkins family which is why he/she thinks he 'had it coming'?

Old 11-24-2017, 07:54 AM

[quote=safak;50213835]so this guy was only a cop for 5 months, and he spent the entire 5 months harassing wpipkins family which is why he/she thinks he 'had it coming'?[/QUOTE

Yes. Credible, law abiding and college educated black folk. The type of black folk that are an asset to the community.Not just my family. He has been the talk of the town. He is not the only one. He was just the newest serial stalker among them.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:07 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,355 times
Quote:
Yes. Credible, law abiding and college educated black folk. The type of black folk that are an asset to the community.Not just my family. He has been the talk of the town. He is not the only one. He was just the newest serial stalker among them.
so you are saying that this cop was a corrupt racist that deserved it, and more of them are on the hit list? wow...
not sure what community you are an asset to but, glad i dont live there.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:16 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Y
Philandro Castille was pulled over countless times. He was stalked by the police and was a victim of serial profiling. He was later murdered because of this. This young man was a lunch aide and loved by students and staff. I cannot watch the horrific video but it displays the lack of respect that some police officers have toward black lives.
Philando Castile? Geez that was some case way up in Minnesota and that is some example of what goes on in our region? Anyone can hand select some example to promote one's agenda if you can use the entire USA with over 300 million people. What does Philando Castile have to do with anything around here? Nothing.

Anyway, it is nice the Penguins did a tribute to the fallen officer. Hope the Steelers do as well as it shows class.

Penguins honor fallen officer Brian Shaw before game against Chicago | WPXI

Old 11-24-2017, 08:19 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,899,604 times
Quote:
You cannot play the devils advocate with this scenario.
Why? You seemed to insinuate that this cop was a racist and that he had this coming.

Quote:
Not all black people know each other not to mention that there are class divisions within the black community. I have a "nice" extended black family.
Of course. I never meant to insinuate anything to the contrary.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:23 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
He is not the only one. He was just the newest serial stalker among them.
So what do you feel the police are going to be like now that one of their own just got shot and killed by a black man? Do you feel this is going to help the situation? It only gets worse from here. I have grown apart from some of my black friends because they are sharing extreme examples of how police, white people and more are acting towards the black community. They are completely addicted to finding and showing examples from all over this country. It is feeding on itself. Not good. Like I said with social media and hyping, it only gets worse from here. I know I wouldn't want to be battling the police every day, but with all these shootings towards police, they will retaliate. It is just human nature and they are in survival mode, not police mode. Big difference.

Last edited by gg; 11-24-2017 at 08:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh