Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 08:34 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times

Advertisements

Sure is a sad day in New Ken. Figured I would post this as a service post. Hope they can catch the murderer.

NEW KENSINGTON POLICE: Police officer shot, killed in New Kensington | WPXI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 09:06 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,519,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Sure is a sad day in New Ken. Figured I would post this as a service post. Hope they can catch the murderer.

NEW KENSINGTON POLICE: Police officer shot, killed in New Kensington | WPXI
Hits very close to home. Thoughts to my Burrell/New Ken family, and the family of the officer. He was a great person.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:08 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Very sad. Likely another ex-con with a stolen gun.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:47 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Very sad. Likely another ex-con with a stolen gun.
they have his license. find him, then beat the **** out of him, with body cams on and the world cheering on the cops in this case.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:07 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,152,053 times
So awful, the officer looked no older than being in his late 20's as well, so it's especially sad to see someone with an entire life ahead to have it ended so suddenly.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
they have his license. find him, then beat the **** out of him, with body cams on and the world cheering on the cops in this case.
Sadly, if that would happen, many will defend the criminal and want the police punished.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:37 AM

508 posts, read 889,407 times
Quote:
Sadly, if that would happen, many will defend the criminal and want the police punished.
R.I.P., Brian. What remains unclear to me is, was he at a traffic stop as in, he was at a red light and someone pulled up next to him and shot him? Or did he pull someone over and get shot? Most cops I know dislike pulling people over. It is one of the most dangerous and riskiest things law enforcement does. That and domestic dispute calls.

Now here is where I part ways with the previous poster. I do not endorse the police taking the law into their own hands. I don't care how saintly the cops are or how emotionally charged the issue is. America isn't a total Third World country yet. We're a nation of laws. There is no need to support police brutality or violence. I don't care how 'justified' it may appear. Because then the police lose their moral high-ground and in many communities that is already the case. Another point, blue lives don't matter more than non-blue lives. We're all created in the image, we're all born equal (in theory), and we're all equal before the law (provided we have the funds to back it up).

Cops are not all living walking deities worthy of veneration. They're just people like you and me that do a job. They choose their job. They know the risks. Just like a construction worker or a pencil pusher. Does any of this justify what happened to Brian? No, of course not.

Let's be real for another moment. Cops are seldom there to help you when you need it. Seldom do they prevent crime. They mostly hassle people for petty nonsense. I don't have respect for that kind of behavior. It is a misapplication of resources and time. If you really want to save blue lives and I actually do. End the insane war on drugs. End the insane war on poverty. End the insane war on honest innocent gun owners. Do those things and over time you'll see way less crime and more guys like Brian will stay alive.

But the police, their unions, the DAs, and Judges stand in the way. As do drug counselors, and social workers. So keep licking their boots and getting teary-eyed when you hear those Scottish bagpipes. The ugly truth is the whole system perpetuates a vicious cycle which doesn't just doom poor angry minorities, or methed out poor whites, but also the people that chase those societal dregs. But alas none of this brings back Brian, now does it? None of it can ever rationalize a cold blood murder which is and will always be against the law.

Last edited by HarryRSpooner; 11-18-2017 at 04:50 AM..

Old 11-18-2017, 07:09 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Back on topic instead of all the anti-police agenda pushing and gun control agenda crap, it seems they have found the brown jeep, but no suspect yet. This officer has served as an officer less than a year. A very young man. Hope they can catch the killer and bring him/her to justice.

Seems the car is registered to someone in Penn Hills.

http://triblive.com/local/valleynews...new-kensington

Last edited by gg; 11-18-2017 at 08:06 AM..

Old 11-18-2017, 10:17 AM

508 posts, read 889,407 times
Quote:
Nobody said to do anything to a “suspected cop killer”, anyone that could be innocent, or hasn’t had “due process”. Again, your assumptions are wrong.
Nah, you're back peddling, because know you have some egg on your face and I have a point. Even if "we" had video of the suspect, and knew for "sure" that it was him. I'd still not advocate beating the snot out of him. Here is why: if I were related to Brian, I'd want to do things to his killer that I wouldn't dare put into writing. That reason alone is why we can never ever allow vigilantism. Because it is far too easy to play tough guy and to get it wrong. To go from being the victim to the victimizer. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, or so goes the expression. It is also one of the reasons why I oppose the death penalty.

Fox & Friends, claims he had 5 children, is that true? If so, he sure started having them young. Maybe, he was Evangelical or something. Most 25 year old white guys don't have that many children. I'm not judging. Just noticing. I hope his kids get a lot of help. It is too easy for especially young girls to end up strippers at some sleazy club all because Daddy got shot up by some punk loser years back. Such a sad story. Usually, out of sad stories comes something beautiful and wonderful. I'm waiting for that to happen. I have faith.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryRSpooner View Post
Nah, you're back peddling, because know you have some egg on your face and I have a point. Even if "we" had video of the suspect, and knew for "sure" that it was him. I'd still not advocate beating the snot out of him. Here is why: if I were related to Brian, I'd want to do things to his killer that I wouldn't dare put into writing. That reason alone is why we can never ever allow vigilantism. Because it is far too easy to play tough guy and to get it wrong. To go from being the victim to the victimizer. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, or so goes the expression. It is also one of the reasons why I oppose the death penalty.

Fox & Friends, claims he had 5 children, is that true? If so, he sure started having them young. Maybe, he was Evangelical or something. Most 25 year old white guys don't have that many children. I'm not judging. Just noticing. I hope his kids get a lot of help. It is too easy for especially young girls to end up strippers at some sleazy club all because Daddy got shot up by some punk loser years back. Such a sad story. Usually, out of sad stories comes something beautiful and wonderful. I'm waiting for that to happen. I have faith.
The problem with the justice system is the ever revolving door and repeat criminals which is why I said the criminal is likely an ex convict with a stolen gun. When criminals are found guilty of major crimes the penalties are often much to lenient.

Keep assuming to justify your narrative, but assumptions most always end up being wrong, and yours certainly are in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh