Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 16,617 times

Advertisements

my wife, two small children and i have moved from just south of san francisco, ca to ligonier, pa..... and we love it! i dont have the time right now to go into great detail. but if anybody would like to ask about this town or my opinion i'd be happy to help. we've found that ligonier has a wonderful library, ymca, schools, friendly people, is close to "other stuff and the burgh" and is VERY PRETTY. jennerstown speedway, idlewild kid park, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, river rafting, actor's playhouse, a couple of fun bars.....an hour to pittsburgh....after a long tough process of looking for places to live we are so glad that we moved to ligonier..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 PM

199 posts, read 710,868 times
Default Welcome from another former So Californian

We moved to Gallitzin (about 25 minutes from Altoona) from So Cal (think Disneyland) last summer and we love it here too. Would not move back to Cali for anything. I am dying to start gardening and landscaping the house, it is a bit of a fixer upper but we got a bit of land so we are happy. Miss Mexican food and grandkids and daughters who are still in Cali, but that is the only thing. Ready for spring and of course we got snow for Easter LOL. Welcome to PA.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,044,070 times
Ligonier is a really neat town, congrats to you both!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:49 AM

141 posts, read 719,819 times
Very strange- while attending Duquesne (many moons ago) I had 3 roomates- 2 from Ligonier and one from Gallitzin!

Enjoy PA folks!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:57 PM

3 posts, read 7,690 times
Default Ligonier dog park?

Envy you living in Ligonier. Is there a dog park nearby?

Old 07-11-2008, 07:46 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,350,531 times
Lynn Run State Park, not sure of the spelling, was a place that my family used as a quick and easy escape from Pittsburgh in the summer times of years ago. I hope it's as pure now as it was then, but would bet that it is. Ligonier, I remember as a quaint, nearby town that seemed of another time, and we used to stop at a little Italian restaurant in what was the proverbial town square.

Almost heaven, good for you.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,192 times
Smile Just moved to Ligonier

Read your input on Ligonier. Now see it was written in 07'. It is now 2017 and I'm thinking of moving there. My son has a home in Johnstown and my four Grandkids live there. I live in Carmel by the sea CA. The most beautiful place on earth but 75 and think I should be close to family. I guess I'm wondering how I may like Ligonier. And how are you fairing coming from California now???

Old 01-07-2017, 02:20 PM

22,319 posts, read 47,262,277 times
coastghost has not been here since 07-26-2008

Don't expect a reply.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:16 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,819,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocelli59 View Post
Read your input on Ligonier. Now see it was written in 07'. It is now 2017 and I'm thinking of moving there. My son has a home in Johnstown and my four Grandkids live there. I live in Carmel by the sea CA. The most beautiful place on earth but 75 and think I should be close to family. I guess I'm wondering how I may like Ligonier. And how are you fairing coming from California now???
Ligonier is beautiful, but you are currently living in an amazing area. If you feel the need to be near family, I would suggest Ligonier to you for sure. I would love to live there myself if I didn't have to work in the city. Have a visit and enjoy it. I can recommend restaurants and other acvitivies if needed. Ligonier isn't cheap by the standards here, but it is dirt cheap compared to where you live now. If you do move here, DON'T be the typical California buyer that thinks everything is so cheap you are in heaven. Still try and get a good deal incase you want to sell down the road. Enjoy.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:16 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,776,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocelli59 View Post
You know it's 10 degrees here right now right? I'm dreaming about California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh