Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 05:05 AM

436 posts, read 342,755 times

Advertisements

I live on the far end of East End Avenue and have to commute to Summit Park Drive, off the Montour Run Road exit off of 376 West. This past two weeks coming home have been worse than the Christmas season, does anyone else drive this route and have experienced the same thing?

Last night, that 20 mile drive took 1 hour and twelve minutes. I checked Google maps with the WDVE building in sight, but not quite there yet, and it was 26 minutes to go 3.6 miles, and then the final digital board before the tunnel said 1 mile 11 minutes. Blue skies, dry roads, no accidents, no law enforcement, what is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 06:14 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,388,315 times
Is the west end circle still effected by the landslide? Maybe added traffic from that.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Is the west end circle still effected by the landslide? Maybe added traffic from that.
Well, I had read that, but I'm not sure how that would affect me coming inbound. There was a massive log jam heading outbound too which would make more sense

Old 03-03-2018, 07:51 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,158,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
Well, I had read that, but I'm not sure how that would affect me coming inbound. There was a massive log jam heading outbound too which would make more sense
Because people couldn’t go from the West End to 51 or West Carson. This means anyone coming from the west likely had to go up to the Parkway Center Drive ramp if they were heading anywhere east or north on 279.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:08 AM

977 posts, read 566,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
Because people couldn’t go from the West End to 51 or West Carson. This means anyone coming from the west likely had to go up to the Parkway Center Drive ramp if they were heading anywhere east or north on 279.
Precisely. I am affected in exactly this way. There’s no way to get from the WE to the circle. You can get to 51 South to the parkway, so I am sure that much of the normal WE trafic into town is heading to the parkway.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stremba View Post
Precisely. I am affected in exactly this way. There’s no way to get from the WE to the circle. You can get to 51 South to the parkway, so I am sure that much of the normal WE trafic into town is heading to the parkway.
But inbound or outbound?

Old 03-03-2018, 09:53 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
I live on the far end of East End Avenue and have to commute to Summit Park Drive, off the Montour Run Road exit off of 376 West. This past two weeks coming home have been worse than the Christmas season, does anyone else drive this route and have experienced the same thing?

Last night, that 20 mile drive took 1 hour and twelve minutes. I checked Google maps with the WDVE building in sight, but not quite there yet, and it was 26 minutes to go 3.6 miles, and then the final digital board before the tunnel said 1 mile 11 minutes. Blue skies, dry roads, no accidents, no law enforcement, what is going on?
I work Downtown and usually take the bus, but there is two days a week I have to drive in, and I've noticed the same too in the Downtown area. WTH is going on? Every since after President's Day it has been ridiculous.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:01 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,158,020 times
The issue is inbound. I think the new traffic patterns force people who would previously get on the Ft. Pitt Bridge after the tunnel to head east / north to now get on before the tunnel and join the fun with the inbound drivers who have to fight the tunnel monster.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
The issue is inbound. I think the new traffic patterns force people who would previously get on the Ft. Pitt Bridge after the tunnel to head east / north to now get on before the tunnel and join the fun with the inbound drivers who have to fight the tunnel monster.
Thanks, that makes sense now.

Regardless, I'm just losing my mind. It shouldn't take that long to get anywhere in Allegheny County

Old 03-03-2018, 12:27 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Similar question--did anyone go through the Ft. Pitt Tunnel last night (3/2) a little before 8pm? I was coming home, and traffic was at a standstill. After a few minutes we started moving, but the tunnel was full of smoke. I didn't see any tow trucks or wrecked cars, and it wasn't on the news, but it was definitely not a normal Friday night traffic event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh