Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 08:56 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Unlike when organized ranks of actual self-identified Nazi armed with clubs beat people in Charlottesville while the police did nothing until after somebody was murdered.
Remember, that was a peaceful assembly with a permit, but the usual violent anti-protesors showed up and boom craziness started. They should have let the idiots assemble and no one would have even cared about that little group, but nope. Then one nutcase, not a group ran some people over. That is different than a big group storming down the street vandalizing, breaking windows and such. That is what we see from the left folks often, so we do have to have concern.

The OP's post has some importance here. We do need to know about the potential for riots from the left as they do this now and again and it can be dangerous for the working folks in and around our city. Just be careful out there if he gets fired as trouble could soon follow with the rioting left.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:01 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,594,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Remember, that was a peaceful assembly with a permit, but the usual violent anti-protesors showed up and boom craziness started. They should have let the idiots assemble and no one would have even cared about that little group, but nope.

That's now how the First Amendment works. Counterprotesting is protected and they counterprotestors were peaceful. Literal Nazis attacked peaceful counterprotestors and started violence.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:12 AM
gg

So I did a search on Trump firing Mueller and wow, Pittsburgh is a national news story. Lots of headlines like "What does Pittsburgh know about Trump firing Mueller"

https://splinternews.com/what-does-p...-th-1825361005

I guess other cities will follow our lead as we know what can happen like out in Berkley. Most cities can get pretty violent, that is for sure.

As I have been reading on this topic, I don't know if Trump will fire him as it will really escalate a lot of things in the political sense. He is very unpredictable however and he stated he wanted to be just that.

All this is probably not really going to take place though. Just cops being at the ready for riots, which is a good thing. We do need to be safe to get to and from work if riots do start. Thankfully police tend to squash the nutcases pretty fast as most working people want. Glad our police force is prepared. Well done.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:19 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,599,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
But there's panic on the streets of Oakland, Squirrel Hill, Point Breeze, Shadyside
I wonder to myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Will life ever be sane again? Hang the DT, hang the DT, hang the DT....
Because the fear that he constantly plays on
It says nothing to me about my life

I love finding out where my fellow Smiths fans are these days.

But seriously, pretending like the protests will automatically turn into riots is more useless fear-mongering. If there's no collusion with Russia and no reason to worry about cyber-attacks from abroad, then the investigation will conclude and we will all move on. If political figures keep trying to obstruct the investigation, then there is a legitimate reason for a peaceful protest. It does worry me that the police are apparently putting out the word that they expect this to become a riot -- all it does is give people reason to treat the protesters with suspicion when it's really not warranted.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 AM
gg

Quote:
That's now how the First Amendment works. Counterprotesting is protected and they counterprotestors were peaceful. Literal Nazis attacked peaceful counterprotestors and started violence.
Not how it happened, but this subject is off topic. Lets focus on Pittsburgh and the potential for riots as we have seen before.

Snowflake protests turning violent in our city.

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...1/daily78.html

Vandals Smash Windows On Several Storefronts In Shadyside « CBS Pittsburgh

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...jail/504438369

Old 04-19-2018, 09:28 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,599,049 times
Quote:
Not how it happened, but this subject is off topic. Lets focus on Pittsburgh and the potential for riots as we have seen before.

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...1/daily78.html

Vandals Smash Windows On Several Storefronts In Shadyside « CBS Pittsburgh

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...jail/504438369

You cannot take every instance of vandalism in Pittsburgh and attribute it to the people you call "snowflakes" -- the large-scale protests of the current political situation have been overwhelmingly peaceful.

In Pittsburgh, thousands participate in the Women's March | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 04-19-2018, 09:42 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,594,008 times
Quote:
The G-20 and all of that did less damage than the 2009 Super Bowl win.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:43 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Snowflakes. I hate that term, who came up with that one, Limbaugh?

As to the topic at hand, if you peacefully demonstrate, have at it. If you damage public/private property, hope you get cracked over the head by one of Pittsburgh's finest.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:44 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
The G-20 and all of that did less damage than the 2009 Super Bowl win.
Or a typical Kenny Chesney concert crowd...

Old 04-19-2018, 09:47 AM

969 posts, read 772,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Or a typical Kenny Chesney concert crowd...
Those slobs are awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh