Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 10:48 AM

969 posts, read 764,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Snowflakes. I hate that term, who came up with that one, Limbaugh?

As to the topic at hand, if you peacefully demonstrate, have at it. If you damage public/private property, hope you get cracked over the head by one of Pittsburgh's finest.
No. If you damage property you should be arrested not beaten.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:51 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,446,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
No. If you damage property you should be arrested not beaten.

Ok, but as soon as an officer says Stop, you stop. If not, beat him over the head.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:51 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,008,136 times
Quote:
Snowflakes. I hate that term, who came up with that one, Limbaugh?

As to the topic at hand, if you peacefully demonstrate, have at it. If you damage public/private property, hope you get cracked over the head by one of Pittsburgh's finest.
Imo that term is extremely fitting and holds a ton of truth.

As to the “topic at hand”, I agree 110%.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:55 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,528,967 times
Quote:
Ok, but as soon as an officer says Stop, you stop. If not, beat him over the head.

If the officer hits the wrong person or doesn't stop, does the person get to beat them back?

Old 04-19-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
If the officer hits the wrong person or doesn't stop, does the person get to beat them back?
No, he started it.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:04 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,528,967 times
Quote:
No, he started it.
How can the wrong person start something? I'm asking for a serious reason. The police in D.C. corralled all protestors together and arrested them all for property damage despite the fact that most of them did not do anything. Because they were arrested and not beaten, this went to court and innocent were not punished. Allowing police to beat people as punishment removes important Constitutional protections, which apply to everybody, not just nice people who live in the suburbs.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
How can the wrong person start something? I'm asking for a serious reason. The police in D.C. corralled all protestors together and arrested them all for property damage despite the fact that most of them did not do anything. Because they were arrested and not beaten, this went to court and innocent were not punished. Allowing police to beat people as punishment removes important Constitutional protections, which apply to everybody, not just nice people who live in the suburbs.
Who said I'm nice?

I wonder if violent demonstrations have EVER created any real change? Even non-violent, peaceful ones. I'm all for enforcing gun control laws, but do you think anything will change as a result of the actions by the students at Stoneham? Things change in this country by votes and money. And more and more just money.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:10 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,783,846 times
Quote:
The G-20 and all of that did less damage than the 2009 Super Bowl win.
Thank you Pittsburgh Police. They did an amazing job.

Lets keep informed here. The anarchists are the far left.

So who are the anarchists?

Far-left extremism has become a feature of protests in recent years, and Hamburg - known for its squatter scene, which developed in the 1980s - is not stranger to violent protests.
Clashes broke out at this year's May Day protest in the city, while in 2008 cars burned as extremists battled police on the streets for several hours.
It meant Hamburg police were already aware of the potential issues ahead of the G20, drafting in police from around the country.

G20 in Hamburg: Who are the protesters? - BBC News

We also had to learn from the Seattle WTO protests of 1999. That sure was a mess and very violent. Be safe out there. We know where the violence can come from at least.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:11 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,932,450 times
Quote:
Who said I'm nice?

I wonder if violent demonstrations have EVER created any real change? Even non-violent, peaceful ones. I'm all for enforcing gun control laws, but do you think anything will change as a result of the actions by the students at Stoneham? Things change in this country by votes and money. And more and more just money.
Did the Sons of Liberty affect societal change when they perpetrated their own property damage?

Old 04-19-2018, 11:13 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,932,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Thank you Pittsburgh Police. They did an amazing job.

Lets keep informed here. The anarchists are the far left.

So who are the anarchists?

Far-left extremism has become a feature of protests in recent years, and Hamburg - known for its squatter scene, which developed in the 1980s - is not stranger to violent protests.
Clashes broke out at this year's May Day protest in the city, while in 2008 cars burned as extremists battled police on the streets for several hours.
It meant Hamburg police were already aware of the potential issues ahead of the G20, drafting in police from around the country.

G20 in Hamburg: Who are the protesters? - BBC News

We also had to learn from the Seattle WTO protests of 1999. That sure was a mess and very violent. Be safe out there. We know where the violence can come from at least.
So you are attempting to bolster your belief that riots will occur in Pittsburgh by citing some events in Hamburg, Germany?!

You're not very good at this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh