Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 07:51 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
When the shooting first happened the mayor DID say something that distanced Pittsburgh from EAST Pittsburgh and was torn to shreds on social media for it, so he had to backpedal. What do you expect?
Maybe it would've been wiser if he hadn't interjected himself into the problem either way - but ole Billy P can't resist the Twitter: he's the Democratic version of Trump on that platform.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:41 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
YOUR mayor stuck his fat, attention-seeking nose into the situation.
YOUR mayor allowed his political allies to introduce anarchy into the city with their illegal 'protests'.
Its YOUR mayor who I don't trust to keep me safe if the mob doesn't get what they want (ie - this cop wearing a crown of thorns and being nailed to a cross).
Been thinking about this and you are right. Peduto even has me thinking this is Pittsburgh police on trial. I forgot is wasn’t in the city. Peduto created this in our minds. He messed up on this one for sure.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:45 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Maybe it would've been wiser if he hadn't interjected himself into the problem either way - but ole Billy P can't resist the Twitter: he's the Democratic version of Trump on that platform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Been thinking about this and you are right. Peduto even has me thinking this is Pittsburgh police on trial. I forgot is wasn’t in the city. Peduto created this in our minds. He messed up on this one for sure.
Actually, easily-triggered East End social justice warriors (not unlike a few we have on this sub-forum) ignited this.

Someone Tweeted at Bill Peduto about the incident, and he immediately distanced the city from East Pittsburgh borough. He was then bashed for his flippant response and was forced to take ownership of this incident because Mayor Payne of East Pittsburgh did NOT go on social media to take ownership of his borough's problem.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:49 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,945 times
Quote:
Nobody associated Ferguson with St. Louis.

Ferguson was Ferguson.

It just irks me that as a city resident MY city has to pay the price in terms of image for something that did NOT happen in MY city.
just keep in in perspective...a human being is dead and that's what you are concerned about....we are all on the same team here. sean king was the one that peduto responded to, by the way.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:54 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
just keep in in perspective...a human being is dead and that's what you are concerned about....we are all on the same team here. sean king was the one that peduto responded to, by the way.
When seven-figures (and counting) of our city's tax dollars have been spent on CITY police overtime since this incident while the borough of East Pittsburgh has been on the sidelines regarding helping the city out?

Yes.

We're going to be told there's no money to fix a landslide, repair a crumbling bridge, or give city workers raises, yet we have millions to spend to baby-sit protesters who should be protesting in East Pittsburgh borough for Mayor Payne's resignation but have thus far failed to do so?

If Ferguson was not St. Louis's problem, then why is East Pittsburgh Pittsburgh's problem? Ferguson is even closer to St. Louis than East Pittsburgh is to Pittsburgh.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:25 AM

436 posts, read 343,129 times
Did anyone see Blaine Jones on WPXI? He was ruling out all of the possible charges/outcomes. He ruled out 2nd degree murder, but still ruled in the possibility of 1st or 3rd. I understand the thinking behind 3rd, but if he feels he couldn't face 2nd degree murder, how the hell could he face 1st degree?

Old 03-20-2019, 01:09 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Pgh City Council amended their proposed gun control legislation.
Quote:
Council postponed a preliminary vote on the gun bills until March 27.
https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...ments-to-bill/
So... we could have people downtown protesting the outcome of the Antwon Rose trial and also other people protesting against the City's proposed gun laws...

does nobody else see the danger in mixing these two elements?

Typical idiocy from the City.. typical idiocy.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Pgh City Council amended their proposed gun control legislation.

So... we could have people downtown protesting the outcome of the Antwon Rose trial and also other people protesting against the City's proposed gun laws...

does nobody else see the danger in mixing these two elements?

Typical idiocy from the City.. typical idiocy.
I have way more faith in the citizens that may protest the city’s gun laws to behave properly than I do the Antwon Rose protestors.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:26 PM

265 posts, read 150,636 times
Quote:
When seven-figures (and counting) of our city's tax dollars have been spent on CITY police overtime since this incident while the borough of East Pittsburgh has been on the sidelines regarding helping the city out?

Yes.

We're going to be told there's no money to fix a landslide, repair a crumbling bridge, or give city workers raises, yet we have millions to spend to baby-sit protesters who should be protesting in East Pittsburgh borough for Mayor Payne's resignation but have thus far failed to do so?

If Ferguson was not St. Louis's problem, then why is East Pittsburgh Pittsburgh's problem? Ferguson is even closer to St. Louis than East Pittsburgh is to Pittsburgh.
You sure all of these protestors are from East Pittsburgh and that the city of Pittsburgh isn’t baby-sitting any of their own protesting citizens?

Old 03-20-2019, 01:47 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
I don't expect anything from a super poor place like East Pittsburgh, that doesn't even have police force and now has to rely on PA State Police to really help in any way. That is unrealistic.

Seven figures and counting. That is sad. How can someone involved in a drive-by with a clip on him be a poster boy for anti-police protests? I guess I just won't get this.

Sad all the way around for everyone, including the cop making decisions that require VERY fast actions and knowing he is dealing with a bullet riddled car that just came from an attempted murder. Would I want to be a cop? NO WAY!!! That job is nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh