Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2019, 02:45 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I don’t care what color ones skin is or what race they are. Wrong is wrong. If one is going to murder someone, especially using a gun, be prepared to accept your consequences. Then you’re going to run afterwards? Take responsibility for what you did, stop when the cop tells you to stop, and accept the consequences for your actions.

That's the point, wrong is wrong means nothing. My point is if someone does not like the verdict then look to make changes in policy. I am not saying I disagree with it but focus on what can be defined and changed. To say an officer is racist for following the rules set for him makes no sense, fight those rules then.

Old 03-25-2019, 02:50 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
That's the point, wrong is wrong means nothing. My point is if someone does not like the verdict then look to make changes in policy. I am not saying I disagree with it but focus on what can be defined and changed. To say an officer is racist for following the rules set for him makes no sense, fight those rules then.
This is also how I see things. All that these constant protests are doing here in Pittsburgh (which had zero ties to this case, by the way, yet we city taxpayers continue to foot the bills) is making many of us even less sympathetic towards their cause. They should be busing themselves to Harrisburg and protesting right in front of the state capitol building. Blocking Grant Street does what, exactly? Yelling at people in restaurants in the East End does what, exactly? It's just pissing off Pittsburghers.

Old 03-25-2019, 02:52 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Calling him a racist is the easiest way to go, instead of admitting the criminals are/were flat out wrong. I’d wager most of the protesters in a case such as this couldn’t care less about the victim/s or potential victim/s. They just want the easy blame rather than admitting the criminals were wrong, and they won’t do a thing about criminals/future criminals doing the exact same thing. They’re just lying in wait to make the next accusation. They have little to no regards for the law/s.

Old 03-25-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
This is also how I see things. All that these constant protests are doing here in Pittsburgh (which had zero ties to this case, by the way, yet we city taxpayers continue to foot the bills) is making many of us even less sympathetic towards their cause. They should be busing themselves to Harrisburg and protesting right in front of the state capitol building. Blocking Grant Street does what, exactly? Yelling at people in restaurants in the East End does what, exactly? It's just pissing off Pittsburghers.
Or perhaps “police” their neighborhoods, kids, relatives, friends, etc..., so the next criminal thinking of doing a drive by thinks otherwise. Have they/are they doing this?

Old 03-25-2019, 03:25 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Or perhaps “police” their neighborhoods, kids, relatives, friends, etc..., so the next criminal thinking of doing a drive by thinks otherwise. Have they/are they doing this?
You had PPS encouraging kids to "honor" a drive by shooter.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
You had PPS encouraging kids to "honor" a drive by shooter.
I didn’t, but sadly, that happened.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:39 PM

61 posts, read 22,999 times
Default Officer testified 1st shot was Not in the back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
https://www.abc27.com/news/state/onl...BSV60GzmEycBoc

interesting to hear from this juror. I have been trying to keep an open mind to the trial, and my instinct is to say that a cop should never shoot someone in the back that is fleeing. However, I don't have the full evidence that the jurors had.
I believe that Rosfeld testified that the 1st shot was not in the back...officer thought he had a gun in his hand as he began to raise it outstretched as he demonstrated in court. 3 shots in 1 sec as trained. Sounds like Antwon ran after 1st shot.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:40 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...-complex-case/

^ Again, PA law, as it is currently written, permitted Ofc. Rosfeld to shoot Antwon Rose as he was evading capture during a felonious traffic stop. Ofc. Rosfeld had the authority to shoot Rose if he believed Rose possessed a weapon and/or posed a dangerous to himself or others nearby in the community if his capture had been evaded.

Would we be having all of these protests if Antwon Rose was Caucasian instead? Just curious. I still don't see why shooting someone who is presumably armed as they evade capture is so heinous in nature.

When are the protests happening in Harrisburg to enact legislative action? When are the protests happening in East Pittsburgh to hold Mayor Payne accountable for passing the buck on everything to Bill Peduto?

Old 03-25-2019, 03:45 PM

61 posts, read 22,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
From the Jury foreman:

https://www.abc27.com/news/state/onl...BSV60GzmEycBoc

"This was not a complex case.' said Rawls. "Had Antwon Rose and the other passenger stayed in the car and listened to the Rosfeld's commands, a teenager would still be alive and Rosfeld would still be working as a police officer."
I’m so glad that Anthony Rawls Sr., the jury foreman, spoke out. He said that without sitting on the jury and hearing all of the facts he would feel the same as some of people protesting the verdict.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:11 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Would we be having all of these protests if Antwon Rose was Caucasian instead? Just curious. I still don't see why shooting someone who is presumably armed as they evade capture is so heinous in nature.

When are the protests happening in Harrisburg to enact legislative action? When are the protests happening in East Pittsburgh to hold Mayor Payne accountable for passing the buck on everything to Bill Peduto?
If the cop shot a white guy, no one would pay any attention to it at all. No way. I am 100% positive. People would just say, oh he was involved in a drive-by and was at the very least an accomplice to 1st degree murder. He fled from a cop that knew who they were with a blown out back window. Everyone would just say, he got what he deserved. EVERYONE knows this is true. It would make the news for a day and be done.

No one cares about the law. That is real work. Protesting isn't work, it is easy. Walk around with a few like minded people and shout for a while. Does nothing, means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh