Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2019, 07:26 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeauty202 View Post
A) No those are the facts .... Yet you don't seem all upset that Bowers is still alive after committing unspeakable heinous acts, far worse than anything Rose has ever done.

B) Just like you were NOT at the killing of a 17 year old unarmed black boy, but that doesn't stop you from rendering his killing justified, now did it?

C) You provided **** stats, to hide behind your bigoted justification of Rose being killed.
I already said I wouldn’t have cared if he had been gunned down, however, he wasn’t and there’s nothing that can be done about that now.

I agree with the what the head juror said and what the jurors decided.

I already provided you stats. You choose to disregard them.

Calling me a bigot is truly hilarious, as I don’t care what color anyone is.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:32 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
A) Running away, unarmed is a danger how????

B) The car had a gun, that was empty btw... not guns.
A. How is anyone going to know a man that just attempted to murder someone is unarmed? Does the officer have some secrete power that can see better than an eagle? No. If you are chasing a murder or someone involved in an attempted murder the assumption is he is armed. It would have to be. He must protect the community from the gunmen.

B. How is an officer to know the gun that they emptied on some innocent young black man was empty? Magic? He can see in the gun with x-ray vision?

Honestly you are just blinded by so much anger. Listen to the black foreman of the jury. He is balanced and smart.

Hope you have a good night. I do enjoy your posts even though you pepper in personal attacks.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 PM

433 posts, read 287,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Are people not reading how this went down?

1. It was a felony stop.
2. You can't flee once it is a felony stop.
3. The officer knew this was the gang that attempted a murder moments prior.

A veteran cop might have got more shots off and maybe killed the other shooter running.

I guess people just don't get a car with three people that just tried to kill someone with guns and ammo in the car isn't some easy situation. The officer's duty is to protect. He did what he had to do. Listen what the foreman of the jury states in his interview. The officer did a good job that day protecting citizens from killers.
Just because it's a felony stop doesn't mean it's open season for criminals or possible criminals. And most veteran cops I bet, would NOT shoot. That's my whole point. If every veteran had your attitude, the paper, the TV news, the internet would have numerous cases like this every single day. A good veteran cop wouldn't shoot. Again, I ask, if that cop had to do it over again, do you think he would shoot? I highly doubt it. What does that tell you.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
But he wasn't gun down, that my point... Why? when he was a bigger threatening force to police at the time...

Running Away from police, is more threatening than shooting and critically injuring 3 of your follow officers?

Of course you agree because it fits your narrative of what's considered justifiable. If he claimed guilty you would have been upset...

Your stats were **** I said .... inconclusive and without context.

You've proven your bigotry plenty of times.. You have a track record.
Because he surrendered, Rose didn’t.

Nobody said it was more threatening. However, there was only 1 officer at the Rose scene and multiple criminals.

Sure I’d be upset if he was found guilty, he acted accordingly to the law.

I already provided 456 white gunned down versus 229 black gunned down many times. You’ll have to do your own research beyond that.

Perhaps you should try to reach out to any of the jurors. Perhaps they could relieve you of some of your extreme anger in regards to their decision.

Lol. Please provide the supposed “track record” of bigotry.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Did he surrender? Last I recall he scream at police before they took him into custody "Whites don't shoot Whites"

Still he shot 3 of them before they could apprehend him, doesn't sound like surrendering to me. Sounds rather threatening.

There was 2 officers and 2 suspects, Rose was running not shooting at them. Running doesn't threaten an officers life.

And according to the law then Bowers should NOT be living right now... He was an imminent threat to both the police and the community. Yet he's breathing to stand trial.

Nahh I don't have to because you provided me nothing but numbers that are meaningless without context.

LOL! You know how to do a history search of your own comments ....
Perhaps you should find out the real story in regards to the Bowers apprehension before making assumptions.

Running does if the officer thinks the criminal has a gun, and the jurors believed he did.

Again, perhaps you should find out the facts in the Bowers apprehension before assuming. Have you contacted the authorities about that?

I sure do know how, and there aren’t any comments that prove what you say, or you’d have posted them.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-25-2019 at 08:40 PM..

Old 03-25-2019, 08:19 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
blackbeauty, you seem to do what a lot of people do - and that is make excuses for uncivil behaviour. its as if you ACCEPT a certain standard of criminal activity.

i get your point (but do not agree with it) about his not being a threat, because he was running away.

but you constantly ignore the entire context of the situation - the appearance of having been involved in something illegal (back window destroyed, and a recent alert of shots fired). plus, like it or not, WE SURRENDER SOME LIBERTIES to the police when their action is warranted.

there is no doubt, the cop's action WAS warranted.

OF COURSE he did not deserve to lose his life. but he is to blame. only himself.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:19 PM

61 posts, read 22,963 times
Quote:
Yeah, he put things into perspective. This was a very easy case of protecting the community from a premeditated killer or at very least an accomplice to attempted murder. This isn't some little crime. They tried to murder someone that day and they nearly did. It was an interesting video when they showed the drive-by. Sure is scary stuff. Just calmly pointing a gun at some 21 year old and firing like it is nothing. For all we know they did this a few times before. They seemed very seasoned doing it. Three videos of it. Wow, there sure are a lot of cameras around.

Even the parents of Antwon seem to be coming around. They told students to stay in school and get an education. They even said Antwon made a bad turn somewhere. Over time people will realize one has to take responsibly for their actions especially if we are talking about murder or attempted murder.
I’ve been watching this case and reading this forum very closely. I’m very familiar with the areas where the incidents of that fateful day occurred and their close proximity. I grew up in North Braddock and still travel by the area in East Pittsburgh where Antwon was shot on my way to church every Sunday. It is a very residential area and a senior citizen center is right where the incident occurred — where they were running toward in the video. Even if it was the area between the senior citizen center and the house next door (which is situated very close), the area just behind the yards leads directly to well traveled Route 30. There is also a red light on this part of Rt 30 only a very short distance away. Vehicles could have easily been stopped at this light and in the path of Antwon and Hester as they fled. In addition, just on the other side of this part of Rt 30 there is a set of stairs that leads down to yet another residential area. Not trying to play ‘Monday morning quarterback’ but desperate people can do desperate things.

I think you’re right about the parents. I can’t imagine the extreme grief that Antwon’s parents must feel about all of this. Antwon Rose Sr (Antwon’s dad) impressed me with requesting that the protests be peaceful and sending a message for kids to stay away from the streets and get an education. Michelle Kenney (Antwon II’s mom) going to the local Woodland Hills HS this morning to encourage the students to stay in school and not join the protests was equally impressive to me. That must have been a very difficult thing to do in addition to going (for the very 1st time) to the site where her son was shot. Her message to the students was to stay out and not participate with what others are doing. That it won’t accomplish anything. I have a feeling that the parents, especially Miss Kenney, will be more involved with the High School/community and influencing the students in a positive way.

I know that there are different requirements, but I can’t help wonder if the parents will decide to eventually not go thru with the civil suit against Officer Michael Rosfeld and the borough of East Pittsburgh. I’m thinking they just might pursue a Federal case to address the law that they want to be changed given the outcome of the latest trial. Any thoughts?

Last edited by WhiteOak2013; 03-25-2019 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Just added addl info on Rt 30 light

Old 03-25-2019, 10:28 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Sounds like a good way to close this thread but just my opinion

Old 03-26-2019, 04:14 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOak2013 View Post

I think you’re right about the parents. I can’t imagine the extreme grief that Antwon’s parents must feel about all of this. Antwon Rose Sr (Antwon’s dad) impressed me with requesting that the protests be peaceful and sending a message for kids to stay away from the streets and get an education. Michelle Kenney (Antwon II’s mom) going to the local Woodland Hills HS this morning to encourage the students to stay in school and not join the protests was equally impressive to me. That must have been a very difficult thing to do in addition to going (for the very 1st time) to the site where her son was shot. Her message to the students was to stay out and not participate with what others are doing. That it won’t accomplish anything. I have a feeling that the parents, especially Miss Kenney, will be more involved with the High School/community and influencing the students in a positive way.
I am pretty impressed with the parents as well. They may have a lot to offer others and may save some kids from going down the wrong path. I hope this happens. The parents have a lot of people's ears right now and they could really make a difference. Protesting is silly and in this case makes no sense and all it is doing is getting a group together to bash the police to make that group feel like they are doing something. I think the parents recognize that.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:44 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
I am pretty impressed with the parents as well...

i do not know the parents. i reserve judgement, positive or negative on them.

when your kid gets into this situation, your parenting is suspect.

in front of the world media, people tend to re-invent themselves, they "front", they put on the best face they could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh