Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 12:50 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,456,897 times

Advertisements

I'm just trying to understand your tain of thought. I mean I realize your purpose behind every post is to irritate people which is why I dont usually respond but I'm having a slow day.

Ill see if you can actually answer a question so I'll bold it.

How is the fact that Conner ran well against a half decent Browns team, and Bell sucked against a worse Cleveland team last year, indicative that Bell is better?

Old 10-16-2018, 12:56 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
I'm just trying to understand your tain of thought. I mean I realize your purpose behind every post is to irritate people which is why I dont usually respond but I'm having a slow day.

Ill see if you can actually answer a question so I'll bold it.

How is the fact that Conner ran well against a half decent Browns team, and Bell sucked against a worse Cleveland team last year, indicative that Bell is better?
I realize you’re a Pitt guy and your purpose with your posts is to try to make them and their players more relevant than they are, but Conner is nothing special.

Simple. Conner won’t sustain those numbers and Bell had 1946 total yards last season. Conner won’t sniff that.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:43 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
I mean I realize your purpose behind every post is to irritate people
Bingo

Old 10-16-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Bingo
The truth is often unpopular, but stats, numbers, facts, etc..., don’t lie.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:

If you keep making no sense this could get very fun.
He seems to just say statistics blah, blah, blah, but statistics are on Connors side in every way. He makes no sense at all. It is hard to discuss with him because he just doesn't get it. Odd.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
He seems to just say statistics blah, blah, blah, but statistics are on Connors side in every way. He makes no sense at all. It is hard to discuss with him because he just doesn't get it. Odd.
Are you saying Conner is going to get close to 1950 total yards?

Until the statistics are side by side and not picked and chosen, there’s nothing that says Conner is one of the best players in the NFL. However, if/when he sniffs anywhere near 1950 yards in a season, I’ll concede, but anyone who pays attention to NFL football knows it won’t happen which is why Conner will soon become the backup RB again.

Let’s also not forget the fumble in this year’s Cleveland game that most likely cost them the win. Bell rarely ever fumbles. Only 2 all of last year.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-16-2018 at 07:53 PM..

Old 10-16-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Are you saying Conner is going to get close to 1950 total yards?
It seems you don't know the meaning of statistics. You seem to want to think predictions are the same thing. They are not. When you look at statistics they have to already have happened because it will leave you numbers to compare. The only numbers we can compare are how Bell did in his first 6 games last year compared to how Conner has done in his first 6 years this year. That is about all we have. As it is right now, Conner is doing very well against Bell. That is statistics. Predicting the future of Conner isn't a statistic.

I am done here really.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
It seems you don't know the meaning of statistics. You seem to want to think predictions are the same thing. They are not. When you look at statistics they have to already have happened because it will leave you numbers to compare. The only numbers we can compare are how Bell did in his first 6 games last year compared to how Conner has done in his first 6 years this year. That is about all we have. As it is right now, Conner is doing very well against Bell. That is statistics. Predicting the future of Conner isn't a statistic.

I am done here really.
You just referenced the comparison of their stats....but now you’re comparing Conners 6 games vs Bell’s 0 games this season rather than what’s been compared all along because everyone knows Conner won’t sniff 1950 yards?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:34 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
do you guys realize how complex this is? you have to research every game you reference to determine so many things:

was the opposing defense injured?
was the Steeler offensive line in top form?
weather conditions?
holding calls that would negate nice runs....
3rd down efficiency....

so many others.

the stats are not that different, all things considered. i think bell is the more impressive athlete, based on what we've seen thus far. but even that is too small a sample size for Conner.

bell was supposed to be back. does this dork realize that if he comes back, he has helped form a formidable offense. i mean, powerful all around, running, receiving, passing. i hope he returns - it would be wildly entertaining to see what happens with BOTh on the roster.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
do you guys realize how complex this is? you have to research every game you reference to determine so many things:

was the opposing defense injured?
was the Steeler offensive line in top form?
weather conditions?
holding calls that would negate nice runs....
3rd down efficiency....

so many others.

the stats are not that different, all things considered. i think bell is the more impressive athlete, based on what we've seen thus far. but even that is too small a sample size for Conner.

bell was supposed to be back. does this dork realize that if he comes back, he has helped form a formidable offense. i mean, powerful all around, running, receiving, passing. i hope he returns - it would be wildly entertaining to see what happens with BOTh on the roster.
He knows how good he is. He also knows how good he makes the team but he cares more about money than championships. Barring serious injury, he knows he’s going to get paid what he wants in the offseason.

If he’s not traded he’ll definitely be back with the Stiller’s for the remainder of the season likely starting in 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh