Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 901 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am moving to moon/coraopolis area in couple of weeks with my wife and a toddler kid. We are looking for a modern apartment complex with amenities like kids play area and in-unit washer/dryers and preferably in or near Moon township only. I liked Waterford landing apartments (https://www.apartments.com/waterford...on-pa/y86penr/), though it doesn't come with a play area. But after going through negative reviews of it, in terms of parking crunch and airport noise, I am confused now.

Can someone guide me if the issues i highlighted above are actually true about the property? And if there is a better apartment complex close by.

Thanks for the help in advance.
P.S. My budget is <$1200 and I am looking for 2 BR apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 07:34 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,459,219 times
unfortunately there are not many options for new/modern apartment complexes in moon township. You will most likely have an easier time finding a townhouse or single family house to rent.

I can't speak to the parking of that complex, but anything in the area will have at least slight airport/airplane noise due to the proximity. I don't think it would be that big of a deal and should just become normal background noise in short time.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:25 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,799,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
unfortunately there are not many options for new/modern apartment complexes in moon township. You will most likely have an easier time finding a townhouse or single family house to rent.

I can't speak to the parking of that complex, but anything in the area will have at least slight airport/airplane noise due to the proximity. I don't think it would be that big of a deal and should just become normal background noise in short time.
Not true. Sorry but I must chime in here. We pay $965 a month for our sons in their 2 bed apartment in Moon Township. Is it totally modern ; no. But it does have a small gym, a pool, and plenty of space for them.

They are in Thorn Run. There are a few apartment complexes near there.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:21 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,496,167 times
Look into:

Highlands at Montour Run
Ventana Hills
Park West 205
Ridge at Robinson
Chestnut Ridge
Pleasantview Place
Bright Oaks

Or, as someone else mentioned, check Craigslist for independent rentals of townhomes or single family homes in Moon Schools, West Allegheny Schools, Montour Schools, Hopewell Schools.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,248 times
Try Bonnie Brae Highlands off Broadhead. It is not an apartment complex, but a lovely neighborhood. Majority are townhouses but it does have two buildings with condos. I think most people own, but there are us that rent. What I like about Bonnie Brae is there is no cut through, so there is very little traffic, mostly just people who live here. There are sidewalks. Also, since it is a neighborhood, it does not have that apartment complex “feel”about it. I’ve made a number of friends and people look out for each other and are very helpful.

It does not have a kids area or gym, but Moon has a park. Also, there is a gym in Moon Plaza.

Not sure what is available for rent, but if you wanted to drive through and check us out, from University Boulevard, take Broadhead Road about 3 miles. We are on the left, right after Bon Meade school and before Patrick’s Pub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: