Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2019, 08:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Score one for the residents of Pittsburgh area and Shapiro. I am not holding my breath, but one never knows. Maybe this would delay things further at least. Lets all hope so the countless people won't be left without their doctors especially the older folks that have to change after decades upon decades.

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/201904240167
What about those that had UPMC for decades and decades but their insurance changed to Highmark and had to change their doctors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 04:27 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
For those that can't get the Post Gazette.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...ighmark-split/

Old 04-26-2019, 07:49 AM

Maybe this article will make people understand how important it is to have options in healthcare in our region and in any region.

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/201904260035

Old 04-26-2019, 07:52 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Maybe this article will make people understand how important it is to have options in healthcare in our region and in any region.

I don’t recall anyone saying UPMC and Highmark shouldn’t work together, only that Highmark has been no better than UPMC in regards to not taking UPMC insurance and not paying taxes.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:30 AM

969 posts, read 772,565 times
Quote:

Thanks posting these updates.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:51 PM

In 2022, which will be here before you know it, UPMC Children's will no longer accept Highmark. It is the ONLY children's hospital in Western PA. Seems most people just don't care???? So your child has Highmark and has to travel to.... not sure where the nearest Children's is and denied access to the local hospital? How is that acting like a "non-profit"??? Seriously. Children??? Wow. This Jeffrey Romoff is really pure evil. Talk about no feelings at all if you can even pull the plug on local children!!! No protests? Nothing. No one cares.

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/201904260036

Old 04-26-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
Thanks posting these updates.
You're welcome, but I just don't think enough people care that the largest landholder in our region is tax free and they are turning down countless people that don't have their insurance. In 2022 the only children's hospital in our region will be turning away 48% of children around here, yet people seem okay with their non-profit status that costs taxpayer a fortune.

Protests? Nothing. Just a few crickets chirping. At least the media is covering it a little, but no one cares.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:00 AM

155 posts, read 179,325 times
Quote:
In 2022, which will be here before you know it, UPMC Children's will no longer accept Highmark. It is the ONLY children's hospital in Western PA. Seems most people just don't care???? So your child has Highmark and has to travel to.... not sure where the nearest Children's is and denied access to the local hospital? How is that acting like a "non-profit"??? Seriously. Children??? Wow. This Jeffrey Romoff is really pure evil. Talk about no feelings at all if you can even pull the plug on local children!!! No protests? Nothing. No one cares.

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/201904260036
Hahahahaha!!!!! You post as if this happening as fact. But it is an opinion piece, an opinion piece. It’s what someone who believes will happen in the next few years. Why doesn’t Highmark build a children’s hospital to take care of this situation? Also if people are so upset about UPMC dropping Highmark insurance. Why don’t they just go to Highmark doctors? I also don’t here anyone complaining about Highmark not accepting UPMC insurance? No one is talking about it rather interesting.

I know you’ll respond to this post and won’t even answer any questions. You’ll just complain about how horrible and greedy UPMC is being. I’ll just sit back and wait. Since I know you’ll prove me right. All you, Highmark, and the PA AG want to complain about how bad is UPMC. Yet you all completely miss the facts. So don’t let the facts cloud your judgement.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
You're welcome, but I just don't think enough people care that the largest landholder in our region is tax free and they are turning down countless people that don't have their insurance. In 2022 the only children's hospital in our region will be turning away 48% of children around here, yet people seem okay with their non-profit status that costs taxpayer a fortune.

Protests? Nothing. Just a few crickets chirping. At least the media is covering it a little, but no one cares.
Highmark hospitals, schools, and churches are also tax free as well. Why aren’t you asking Highmark to pay up on their end? Oh wait, I answered my own question. Since you believe UPMC is the evil entity who should be the only healthcare provider to lose their tax exempt status.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I don’t recall anyone saying UPMC and Highmark shouldn’t work together, only that Highmark has been no better than UPMC in regards to not taking UPMC insurance and not paying taxes.
I think that GG only wants to have a conversation on their side of the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh