Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:55 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,174,173 times

Advertisements

^^^ that type of attitude you guys are sporting is what people are talking about when they talk about "Pittsburghers being blind to the land's shortcomings." To put it politely....

This thread is so stereotypical its silly.

Its not my fault you have 16 sex offender right in your little haven. I didn't put them there.

I DO know what I am talking about. And I am talking about that area...whatever....have fun next to the ghetto and pretending its something its not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,672,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I DO know what I am talking about.
If that's true, you have a very strange and fictional way of displaying your knowledge.

Quote:
And I am talking about that area...whatever....have fun next to the ghetto and pretending its something its not.
In 2007, a community outside of Lancaster county that is predominately Amish was witness to one of the country's worst tragedies of that year; a milk truck driver drove up to an Amish school, lined up ten amish girls against the wall of the school after barracading the doors so they wouldn't open, and shot them all to death. Not one single square inch of this country is safe from violence.

And I will/do have fun living in my neighborhood. And I enjoy reading ridiculous posts like yours.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Well, I have something to admit............last night, something reeaalll reaallll bad happened down here in da hood.

I went to bed around 1:30 am this Saturday morning. Shortly after going to bed, I heard nearly five minutes straight of sirens. I told my wife, after that time had passed, that I was going to take a look and see if I could see what was happening. We live on the third floor and I have a good view of both Homewood and Wilkinsburg. I looked out, looking for multiple banks of lights from police cars and saw nothing. So I went to our front window, overlooking South Braddock, and there it was, the shock, the horror, the unbelievable................five police officers walking between Waverly and Brashear with flashlights, looking under cars, looking in our front yard and our neighbors front yards.

GASP.......WHAT COULD THEY BE LOOKING FOR???

Could it be a ruthless molester on the loose? Çould it be a gang shoot out, right in front of our beautiful home? Maybe terrorists on the loose? After all, I live in no mans land, or at least thats what the original poster feels.............SO WHAT WAS THIS DASTARDLEY DEED?

LOL, it was a car chase that started in East Liberty and went past our house; when they got to our house they decided they were going to throw their guns out the window LOL!!!!!

I love living in the citay!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:57 PM

283 posts, read 595,836 times
^last night I was out for a walk, and I went to the "other side of the tracks", aka the wilkensburg part of Regent square, and a bunch of child molesting purverts started running after me with guns. I ran for my life. I hid in a garage. It took about 25 seconds and then I realized that I was in a meth lab full of gang bangers that were members of the bloods. I freaked out. I hit the garage door button and headed full spead towards the garage door. I did a Indian Jones duck and roll under the garage door as bullets were wizzing by. I did grab my hat I was wearing in split seconds before the door completely shut by the way. Once I was out, I had to make my way back under tunnels of big bugs, and thugs trying to rob me. God, I am never walking back in that section of regent square again..................... True story.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestviewdrive View Post
^last night i was out for a walk, and i went to the "other side of the tracks", aka the wilkensburg part of regent square, and a bunch of child molesting purverts started running after me with guns. I ran for my life. I hid in a garage. It took about 25 seconds and then i realized that i was in a meth lab full of gang bangers that were members of the bloods. I freaked out. I hit the garage door button and headed full spead towards the garage door. I did a indian jones duck and roll under the garage door as bullets were wizzing by. I did grab my hat i was wearing in split seconds before the door completely shut by the way. Once i was out, i had to make my way back under tunnels of big bugs, and thugs trying to rob me. God, i am never walking back in that section of regent square again..................... True story.
lol

Old 01-04-2009, 01:19 AM

370 posts, read 1,012,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Well, I have something to admit............last night, something reeaalll reaallll bad happened down here in da hood.

I went to bed around 1:30 am this Saturday morning. Shortly after going to bed, I heard nearly five minutes straight of sirens. I told my wife, after that time had passed, that I was going to take a look and see if I could see what was happening. We live on the third floor and I have a good view of both Homewood and Wilkinsburg. I looked out, looking for multiple banks of lights from police cars and saw nothing. So I went to our front window, overlooking South Braddock, and there it was, the shock, the horror, the unbelievable................five police officers walking between Waverly and Brashear with flashlights, looking under cars, looking in our front yard and our neighbors front yards.

GASP.......WHAT COULD THEY BE LOOKING FOR???

Could it be a ruthless molester on the loose? Çould it be a gang shoot out, right in front of our beautiful home? Maybe terrorists on the loose? After all, I live in no mans land, or at least thats what the original poster feels.............SO WHAT WAS THIS DASTARDLEY DEED?

LOL, it was a car chase that started in East Liberty and went past our house; when they got to our house they decided they were going to throw their guns out the window LOL!!!!!

I love living in the citay!!!!!!
You made the intro to this post sounding like it was so innocent that the cops lost their keys or something..

Therefore the result sounded pretty dangerous. WHAT IF SOMEONE WAS WALKING DOWN THE SIDEWALK AND GOT HIT WITH ONE OF THOSE GUNS?!

Old 01-04-2009, 02:01 AM

283 posts, read 595,836 times
remember; next time I am out for a walk and see a car approaching; jump into the nearest bush because guns may come flying out of car shooting stray bullets.

If by chance this happens, God really wants me dead. Almost like being stuck by lightning walking home, or being hit by a drunk driver while taking a midnight walk. In all cases it sucks, but I am not going to live in my house hiding myself from going out and taking a walk because I have 1 out of a 10^5 chance of something like this happening. I am going to die anyways. I will go for my nice little walk, and if I get mugged, I will report it.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
You made the intro to this post sounding like it was so innocent that the cops lost their keys or something..

Therefore the result sounded pretty dangerous. WHAT IF SOMEONE WAS WALKING DOWN THE SIDEWALK AND GOT HIT WITH ONE OF THOSE GUNS?!
Just stay up in Edinboro and everything will be just fine

Old 01-04-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestViewdrive View Post
In all cases it sucks, but I am not going to live in my house hiding myself from going out and taking a walk because I have 1 out of a 10^5 chance of something like this happening.
That's been my point all along. I've mentioned I work at the South Hills Village Mall.........there have been two people arrested (men) for peeping at other men in the rest rooms out there for heavens sake.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 AM

781 posts, read 1,612,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestViewdrive View Post
^last night I was out for a walk, and I went to the "other side of the tracks", aka the wilkensburg part of Regent square, and a bunch of child molesting purverts started running after me with guns. I ran for my life. I hid in a garage. It took about 25 seconds and then I realized that I was in a meth lab full of gang bangers that were members of the bloods. I freaked out. I hit the garage door button and headed full spead towards the garage door. I did a Indian Jones duck and roll under the garage door as bullets were wizzing by. I did grab my hat I was wearing in split seconds before the door completely shut by the way. Once I was out, I had to make my way back under tunnels of big bugs, and thugs trying to rob me. God, I am never walking back in that section of regent square again..................... True story.

Garage door opener in that part of town?

That is way too fancy to make this story believable! Next thing you are going to tell us is you have a computer, and education or a cement pond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh