Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 03:18 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,694,878 times

Advertisements

this happened to me, easiest solution is to cover your house in aluminum foil.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:34 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,579,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yeh..catch someones pet and take it in to be killed. Real neighborly there!

My cat was pregnant and we had homes for all the kittens. We got her fixed after that. I would of KILLED my neighbor if they took it to a shelter. Thats ABSOLUTE crap/heartless/stealing/murder!
Probably the most self absorbed post I've ever seen on this site. Hopefully this lady moved out of the area (as her status suggests) because what a nut.

Anyone who lets a pet roam free, and in turn loses said pet deserves it. No one should have to deal with someone else's animal destroying or pissing on their property.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:40 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,636,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Anyone who lets a pet roam free, and in turn loses said pet deserves it. No one should have to deal with someone else's animal destroying or pissing on their property.
Read the first post again. The cat they are recommending she catch and take the shelter is not the cat that broke into her house. It's another cat she is irrationally worried about simply because of the incident with the first cat that was destructive.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM

654 posts, read 940,356 times
Cats are good; they keep the mice and rat population down. And man, with our abandoned home problem here in Pittsburgh, we do have rodent issues. Just the other afternoon, when walking in my very own neighborhood, I saw quite a healthy rat rummaging about.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,694,878 times
this ppost is from 2008, these cats are long dead.

but yeah, feral cats are a good part of any neighborhood. they are a part of the urban ecosystem, deal with it.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:01 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,826,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Probably the most self absorbed post I've ever seen on this site. Hopefully this lady moved out of the area (as her status suggests) because what a nut.

I'm glad you're only a presence on a message board. From your Tip, Q, floweth the very milk of human kindness.

Oh, and nice save of a five-year-old post.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Read the first post again. The cat they are recommending she catch and take the shelter is not the cat that broke into her house. It's another cat she is irrationally worried about simply because of the incident with the first cat that was destructive.
Thou shalt taketh care of and be a responsible steward of thine animals....

..or thou shalt face the wrath of "Poopman"!

If an animal is allowed to regularly run free, encroach on the property of others, and damage that property (even pissing on it) then yes by all means turn it over to the human society if you can catch it. Be responsible owners of your animals.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
this ppost is from 2008, these cats are long dead.

but yeah, feral cats are a good part of any neighborhood. they are a part of the urban ecosystem, deal with it.
Not a problem. Take your pick:

and no they are NOT a part of any ecosystem.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21236690
http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/blo...-outdoor-cats/

Also I really don't think I need to explain why I should have a problem with someone else's cat getting into my garbage, pissing on my kid's covered sandbox or my grill cover, and generally making my lot smell like urine.

Last edited by Q-tip motha; 07-12-2013 at 06:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh