Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2019, 06:30 PM

11 posts, read 12,663 times

Advertisements

Anyone has a recommendation for a mover they have used in the past and had a Great experience with them. I will be moving from Ross Township to Cranberry township area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 06:45 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,391,589 times
Gardner moving, ask for dale he is an estimator for them.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:23 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addtemp View Post
Anyone has a recommendation for a mover they have used in the past and had a Great experience with them. I will be moving from Ross Township to Cranberry township area.

George Moving & Storage: had an excellent experience with them on a long distance move.

South Hills Movers: had an excellent experience with them on a short distance move.

My husband and I have relocated more than 15 times on both interstate and intrastate moves. IMHO, the most important aspect of any move is the crew you are assigned. Be certain that you attempt to get this across to your estimator. Explain and stress what is important to you regarding your belongings and what you expect on the days you will be working with the packers and transport crews. In some cases they are the same and in some they are separate crews. In any event the driver is the surgeon of your operation. He has a transport crew he routinely works with and a great driver has a great team. They know the playbook or the choreography In the event you go with a company that utilizes a separate packing crew you will find that a great driver usually has an arrangement with the company that most often sends the best packing crew to that driver's "moves" on the day you will be packed. Discuss all this with your estimator. The driver is the difference between an awful move, a moderate move and one that you will write home about.

If I may give a warning: Avoid Don Farr completely.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 03-03-2019 at 11:20 AM..

Old 03-03-2019, 10:50 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,391,589 times
Yes, please avoid don farr or hindman moving, they are the same company.

South hills moving is also top notch.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:03 PM

11 posts, read 12,663 times
Great Thank you guys I have contacted them and waiting for there Quotes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh