Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 12:22 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,665 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Due to some changes in my life, I'm choosing to sell my home in Crafton Heights this spring/early summer. I'm over the maintenance of home ownership. Cutting grass, snow removal, general upkeep ... it all just doesn't fit into my life anymore. My long-term future in Pittsburgh is also up in the air, again, due to some personal changes in life.

With that said, I will have a roommate once I transition back to renting. We are trying to compile a good list of "nice" apartment complexes that offer either a 2 bedroom unit with a den type space (for a home office) or a full 3 bedroom unit. Pet friendly and covered parking are two musts. Total base rent should be no more than $2,000 a month. We are open to South Hills, North Hills, Robinson/Airport area, Waterfront, all city neighborhoods, and I'd say no further northeast than Waterworks area.

I know Google searches can easily provide apartment complexes and their amenities, so I was curious of all of the new apartment developments maybe under construction in our region. Also, if anyone has any recommendations, positive or negative experiences to share with certain complexes, etc, I'll take it!

We are a little ways out to guarantee availability of course, I recognize that, but I'm a planner so if I can at least develop a short list in the meantime, great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 01:38 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
They just opened a complex at south hills village right at the trolley stop and the mall.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:18 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,460,022 times
glasshouse will be opening up this spring/summer. I think its going to be very popular. There has also recently been a bunch of additional proposals for the immediate site master plan. Around 500k sq ft of office space, a hotel, more retail and many updates coming to station square. http://glasshouseapts.com

not sure if there will be 2 bedroom units under 2k/month though.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:22 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
For pet friendly, contact Walnut Capital. They are neither canine nor feline averse. https://walnutcapital.com/

Old 03-12-2019, 09:57 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,697,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
glasshouse will be opening up this spring/summer. I think its going to be very popular. There has also recently been a bunch of additional proposals for the immediate site master plan. Around 500k sq ft of office space, a hotel, more retail and many updates coming to station square. http://glasshouseapts.com

not sure if there will be 2 bedroom units under 2k/month though.
Loved the time period of the older photos provided. Character. The newer stuff looks bland, cookie cutter fare.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Loved the time period of the older photos provided. Character. The newer stuff looks bland, cookie cutter fare.
its pretty much the standard new construction. can't argue with a formula that has been proven to work well and be profitable.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:40 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
its pretty much the standard new construction. can't argue with a formula that has been proven to work well and be profitable.
Aren't those new apartments noisy, i.e., don't you hear every footstep from the apartment above?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:46 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Aren't those new apartments noisy, i.e., don't you hear every footstep from the apartment above?
Yes.

Profit > Aesthetics and Satisfaction, though, is now the rule of the game in Pittsburgh, apparently.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Yes.

Profit > Aesthetics and Satisfaction, though, is now the rule of the game in Pittsburgh, apparently.
most aren't noisy at all in my experience. the floors are typically solid concrete between levels. I've been in quite of bit of the new developments around the city and never once noticed it being loud from unit to unit.

now some of the older chopped up house units on the other hand...

Old 03-13-2019, 07:56 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,665 times
Thanks for the conversation so far. I'm curious how much the Glasshouse at Station Square will go for. I can't get over how much rent is in some of the East End neighborhoods. I guess they aren't struggling to find tenants for them though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh