Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:02 AM

18 posts, read 337,478 times

Advertisements

Just moved to area. No chance to hit up the clubs on the weekends because of my job but what are some good dance clubs/bars that actually have a mid-20s crowd through the week? (My weekend happens to fall on Wed/Thurs) Just bars in general...kind of looking for something not hole in the wall like they have here in Wheeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 AM

299 posts, read 1,004,926 times
I'd start by focusing your efforts on the Strip District. The Boardwalk, Bash, Prive, DejaVu, Firehouse Lounge, the Altar, H2O.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 PM

58 posts, read 246,680 times
Most centralized locations:

Strip District (Smallman Street), has clubs and bars

South Side (Carson Street), more pubs than clubs

Station Square (other side of Carson Street), has clubs and bars

There are other coves of places, but I would wager that these areas are the most frequented. Additionally, if you do not like the first place that you patron, these areas offer more alternatives than others.

Matrix in Station Square may be a good starting point since it has multiple genres (80s, hip hop, club, Latino) in one club.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:28 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,207,896 times
LOL. You must have not been to the strip for quite a while. The Boardwalk, Bash, and H2O are all out of business.

Good place to find out about bar/club life is Barsmart.com .

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia View Post
I'd start by focusing your efforts on the Strip District. The Boardwalk, Bash, Prive, DejaVu, Firehouse Lounge, the Altar, H2O.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:23 AM

299 posts, read 1,004,926 times
Your Barsmart Web site suggests that H2O is still open.

And Neighbors in the Strip lists the Boardwalk as a current business.

It's been a couple of years since I've been to either; so, yes, cookie for you. I prefer the South Side, myself.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,595,178 times
The City Paper is an excellent resource for clubs. This is available at various locales throughout the city (and it's free!)

Old 04-19-2008, 09:20 AM

14 posts, read 53,321 times
My girlfriend does event planning for a nightclub in the strip called Privilege (formally prive). They usually have events on Thursday nights that attract a nice crowd of mid 20s. More upscale crowd. Nice environment to go on a Thursday in my opinion.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:36 AM

125 posts, read 397,218 times
I am in my mid-twenties and I tend to go to Station Square and South Side, so I don't really know too much about the Strip District.
Matrix and Margarita Mamas in Station Square are both fun and on Thursday nights attract tons of college kids. There is also Saddleridge, which is like a country club, I guess you could say. It has a mechanical bull, so that's a fun place, but you're likely to get some older people mixed in with the younger people. Everyone there is pretty friendly though and it's a good time.
On the South Side, Town Tavern has been pretty consistently packed lately (I don't really like the place, but other people seem to), and Jack's will have people in it any night you go there, but the variety of people in there is like nothing else. You're just as likely to find a 21 year old girl as you are to find an 65 year old biker.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:41 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,557,790 times
Shadyside has a few nice spots too. We usually go to Walnut Street Grill and Shady Grove (on top of each other). Not sure how they are on weekdays though...

Old 04-21-2008, 12:36 PM

85 posts, read 518,368 times
Goto Privelege if you feel like paying $5-6/beer and more for mixed drinks (at least as of the last time I was there).

The strip used to be fun at the boardwalk but it's closed up now. For a decent dance scene I'd probably say Krobar in the strip. Or Matrix/Margarita Mama's if you wanna be in the college meatheads/hoochie crowd...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh