Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,630,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan_PA View Post
Actually we met down in Florida, where we rented, but then moved to New Jersey where I grew up before moving to this area.

In Jersey everything was included garbage,sewer,recycling ect so this was a surprise. Before buying the house, we rented in Canton Twp, where w edid have to pay seperate for garbage & recycling, but I thought that when you lived in the city limits, that stuff was included in your taxes.

Still wouldn't trade it, we really love it here, we just got caught off guard.
I live in Ca and we pay our water & garbage on the same bill. It is not covered in the tax bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 08:47 PM

48 posts, read 199,207 times
Being new here, I don't know where Canton Twp is... when I lived in Phila, I lived within a Borough's city limits, had friends who lived outside the Boro limits, though the same town. We paid differently for our sewage and trash, though we had the same zip code. I don't know if we're in city limits, not even sure where the city is, LOL. Now if we lived in Washington, being within city limits might make a difference down there.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,856,936 times
I find it hard to believe that your overall taxes in NJ are cheaper than Peters township.

If they rolled all the garbage and sewer rates into your city taxes then I bet you were paying a pretty big city locality tax.

compare the ranking of states, (this was 2005 by money mag)
CNNMoney.com: Taxes by state 2005, by rate
Quote:
#14 New Jersey 10.40%
#35 Pennsylvania 9.70%

Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 AM

48 posts, read 199,207 times
5stones, you always have the perfect stats! You helped me a ton when moving here to Peter's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh