Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:52 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I'm saying that all (100%) of Trump supporters are either oblivious to or have a high tolerance for racism.
Must be terrible to live with these thoughts everyday. I feel sorry for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 11:53 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
If you don't understand why a Black man married to an immigrant might not want to raise kids in a community full of Trump supporters, I don't have enough time to bring you up to speed.
Fox Chapel voted for Hilary. By you logic we are good to go.

You have interesting opinions. Wow. Crazy stuff.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:57 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Fox Chapel was the home of the late Dem.Senator Heinz and his wife Teresa I believe.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:58 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
I'm saying that all (100%) of Trump supporters are either oblivious to or have a high tolerance for racism.
I wouldn’t know where to begin educating you. Hillary was a lousy choice for one thing. Also some want manufacturing to return so people can feed their kids. Most don’t are about some locker room talk, they want jobs.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:59 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

I never suggested that Fox Chapel was inhospitable.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:00 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,131,490 times
I think it is a fact racism exists, there is just a difference on how people define racism. Technically everyone is some amount of racist. Also people infer racism without knowing the true intent. Someone dress poorly or in a style not typically seen or simply not acting the way most do while walking around a certain neighborhood will get stares, is it because of their race or something else? If you walk around the busy NYC streets stopping and looking up people will stare at you, nothing to do with your race most likely its because they know you are some tourist.

Also you can not group people based on Trump, there are plenty of right leaning folks who hate trump as a person but simply did not have a better option that aligned with their overall beliefs on the direction our policies should take. Growing up in NJ Trump has been a fixture, I've never thought of him as a humanitarian or great person. I didnt vote for him, I was out of state last minute so didnt vote for anyone. People also do not seem to grasp the fact that some matters they take personally can not really be effected by whoever is president. Its simply not the way our country is set up and for good reason. I would never worry about any president going to some extreme for my beliefs or against them, our politicians can barely work together when they all agree on something.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:01 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,131,490 times
Quote:

Most ignorant quote I have seen.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:03 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
Hate is hate no matter where it is at or who it is directed towards. Hate doesn't have a political affiliation or a neighborhood that it resides in. I see a lot of hate in the city and less in the suburbs but i am sure if i was born a diffrent race, gender or orientation i would see it diffrently but if you think it doesnt exist at a large level in the city than you would be mistaken.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
It’s certainly right up there.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:06 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
How so? He's the most overtly racist politician to hit the national stage in decades. Now, either you don't see the racism, meaning you're oblivious, or your tolerance for overt racism is high enough to allow you to continue supporting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh