Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 09:09 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,961 times

Advertisements

Full Pint Rye Rebellion.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22854/77323/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 06:23 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Firehouse Red from North Country
Conversion from Hithchiker

Old 07-26-2019, 06:29 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

The best local beer I've had recently was at Spring Hill Brewing. They had a smoked beer the other week which was pretty incredible.
That sounds interesting. I enjoy a smoked beer now and again, but haven't seen one locally.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
The best local beer I've had recently was at Spring Hill Brewing.
What is the view like from that brewery? Is downtown visible?

Old 07-26-2019, 08:13 AM

540 posts, read 868,384 times
The East End Toaster, when it is available, is my favorite local. It is an imperial version of their Black Strap Stout. I also like Fat and Fatter Gary and Snow Melt from East End.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:16 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,027,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
That sounds interesting. I enjoy a smoked beer now and again, but haven't seen one locally.
When my wife and I went there we got their versions of sample flights (two nine ounce pours) and tried all of their beers over a night aside from the IPA they had on tap. Everything was excellent. The brewery has a really chill vibe too, kinda like a neighborhood bar (too many of the Lawrenceville breweries feel kinda fratty these days). I would absolutely suggest checking it out. They don't serve food, but like a lot of breweries they partner with food trucks. The "brewmaster" actually works in the place - we chatted with him for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
What is the view like from that brewery? Is downtown visible?
Not really from the outside seating area, because there are trees blocking the view of downtown. I think you can see a few tall buildings from the deck though. It's a very pastoral setting overall.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:09 AM

Thanks!

Old 07-27-2019, 10:57 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,296,038 times
IC Light is real beer. Beer isn't supposed to "taste good", it's supposed to be beer.

Had about a dozen IC Lights last week in PGH, some as cheap as $1.50!

Old 07-28-2019, 06:40 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,042,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
IC Light is real beer. Beer isn't supposed to "taste good", it's supposed to be beer.

Had about a dozen IC Lights last week in PGH, some as cheap as $1.50!
Beer isn't supposed to taste good? If that's true for you then just go grab some Wild Irish Rose and kill your taste buds that way.

Beer is great food and tastes great when it adheres to certain quality principles like not using rice and corn as cheap alternatives to barley. A lot of the major brands spend hundreds of millions on advertising to convince us their beer is super refreshing, or whatever. Yet they use cheap ingredients to save money. Take the quality out of the beer and spend it on advertising -how pathetic.

As for IC, I won't say a bad word since I have always loved their beer cans, I was an avid collector back in the day. It wouldn't surprise me if they use adjuncts but hopefully not.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
Beer isn't supposed to taste good? If that's true for you then just go grab some Wild Irish Rose and kill your taste buds that way.

Beer is great food and tastes great when it adheres to certain quality principles like not using rice and corn as cheap alternatives to barley. A lot of the major brands spend hundreds of millions on advertising to convince us their beer is super refreshing, or whatever. Yet they use cheap ingredients to save money. Take the quality out of the beer and spend it on advertising -how pathetic.

As for IC, I won't say a bad word since I have always loved their beer cans, I was an avid collector back in the day. It wouldn't surprise me if they use adjuncts but hopefully not.
Bingo

Makes no sense to drink something you don’t have to if it doesn’t taste good, no matter how cheap you can get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh