Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 07:48 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times

Advertisements

Pittsburgh is still pretty much as safe as safe can be. An isolated incident. There will be punks and such but this is super rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 08:06 AM

615 posts, read 394,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
"You must spread some reputation around."

He comes here to troll about WV because there's no one really in the WV subform.
I am not trolling. I used to live in the city and pay the 3 percent wage tax. So I am very familiar with living in Pittsburgh. You sound upset that the obvious is being pointed out regarding crime in downtown. It has nothing to do with WV. The mayor of Pittsburgh needs to stop pandering to one area of the city and one narrow small group of people. He needs to be more concerned the entire city and especially downtown. Being a social justice warrior and mayor hug n kiss is not doing Pittsburgh any favors. The opposite is happening. And his response to the Pittsburgh Cultural trust a few weeks ago shows he is completely out of touch.

I want the city to grow and prosper for the future of the entire region. If it fails we all fail. And yes it could be far reaching out to my area.

I’ve just never seen a more sensitive group of people obedient and unwilling to speak up or take constructive criticism to better their own city.

You may be ok with downtown becoming an insane asylum but businesses and those that work there or people like Me that would come in and spend money aren’t.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:18 AM

716 posts, read 765,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghaccuweather View Post
I am not trolling. I used to live in the city and pay the 3 percent wage tax. So I am very familiar with living in Pittsburgh. You sound upset that the obvious is being pointed out regarding crime in downtown. It has nothing to do with WV. The mayor of Pittsburgh needs to stop pandering to one area of the city and one narrow small group of people. He needs to be more concerned the entire city and especially downtown. Being a social justice warrior and mayor hug n kiss is not doing Pittsburgh any favors. The opposite is happening. And his response to the Pittsburgh Cultural trust a few weeks ago shows he is completely out of touch.

I want the city to grow and prosper for the future of the entire region. If it fails we all fail. And yes it could be far reaching out to my area.

I’ve just never seen a more sensitive group of people obedient and unwilling to speak up or take constructive criticism to better their own city.

You may be ok with downtown becoming an insane asylum but businesses and those that work there or people like Me that would come in and spend money aren’t.

Just FYI 3% wage tax is only half the story. I used to live and own a home in the suburbs where there was something like a 1.2% wage tax with property tax millage significantly higher than the city's. Now I live in the city and guess where my overall tax burden is lighter, and not just by a little...

But you are right about one thing, and that is that little to nothing on this forum has anything to do with WV.

Anybody else feel like they're reading foxnews.com when they read this guy's posts? So sensationalist and so many posts all day every day. It's like my grandfather who is bored and who has nothing better to do but sit at home all day and watches fox news, get all riled up, and then tries to scare everyone else. Downtown is now becoming an "insane asylum" folks lol...

Old 08-09-2019, 08:29 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post
Just FYI 3% wage tax is only half the story. I used to live and own a home in the suburbs where there was something like a 1.2% wage tax with property tax millage significantly higher than the city's. Now I live in the city and guess where my overall tax burden is lighter, and not just by a little...

But you are right about one thing, and that is that little to nothing on this forum has anything to do with WV.

Anybody else feel like they're reading foxnews.com when they read this guy's posts? So sensationalist and so many posts all day every day. It's like my grandfather who is bored and who has nothing better to do but sit at home all day and watches fox news, get all riled up, and then tries to scare everyone else. Downtown is now becoming an "insane asylum" folks lol...
This forum is becoming less and less useful by the day. It isn't a place to get information about Pittsburgh so much as it is a place to see people who don't live in Pittsburgh complain about the city.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:47 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post

Insane asylum, lmao. I know for a fact that I spend more time Downtown in a month than that guy has probably spent down there in years.

Yeah, I certainly do too. Much like the fools on that channel, the poster in question posts a ton of nonsense that isn't remotely in tune with reality too.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:14 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This forum is becoming less and less useful by the day. It isn't a place to get information about Pittsburgh so much as it is a place to see people who don't live in Pittsburgh complain about the city.
Quoted for truth, why I stopped being so active here.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
I don't post nearly as much due to it getting kind of boring with the same negative comments about the city proper by three or four people. Just so boring. There is 24 pages about people arguing if Pittsburgh is midwest East or whatever. Who cares? We have never been classified as Midwest that I know of. The subject shows how bored people must be.

Pittsburgh is doing great overall. Rust belt city to medical/education city.

I think a random stabbing or whatever that was should be noted as it seems really odd, but considering that man did it right in front of a uniformed cop right in front of a woman, I think he was really nuts. It is a shame the woman died. The officer did everything he could, but the knife in the neck can prove to be very fatal and fast.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:40 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
And sometimes vice versa.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:47 AM

433 posts, read 287,434 times
This crime seems to indicate mental illness as it seemed completely random and, from what I read in the Trib, was done right next to a police officer.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:03 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Face View Post
This crime seems to indicate mental illness as it seemed completely random and, from what I read in the Trib, was done right next to a police officer.
Yeah! that is what i heard from the morning KDKA radio report. Was the officer tending to the woman, and the stabber then just approached and stabbed her DURING the cop's investigation?

He is not well "upstairs". I am not a person who censors peoples speech - but if he is not "right" mentally, it is not his fault. it is not a choice, as other maladies, conditions, and situations are (the choice to drink without a backup ride, for example). so saying he's "nutso" is rather harsh - accurate, but still a cruel way to characterize him . he might have had a tough life that caused his psychosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh