Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 09:34 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times

Advertisements

Cowher lost 4 AFC championship games, I think all were at home, could be wrong. I was at the one where Plaxico let a pass go through his hands in the endzone. Wish he would have stuck around for a few more years with Big Ben. Good point about him making the playoffs without a HOF QB. Tomlin has been blessed with Ben his entire career here. Just seems like we have squandered talent over the years. Those losses to Denver and Jacksonville are embarrassing. 0-3, what can you do?

Let's go, Pens!!!

Old 09-24-2019, 10:45 AM

615 posts, read 393,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Cowher lost 4 AFC championship games, I think all were at home, could be wrong. I was at the one where Plaxico let a pass go through his hands in the endzone. Wish he would have stuck around for a few more years with Big Ben. Good point about him making the playoffs without a HOF QB. Tomlin has been blessed with Ben his entire career here. Just seems like we have squandered talent over the years. Those losses to Denver and Jacksonville are embarrassing. 0-3, what can you do?

Let's go, Pens!!!
Yep. Two with Kordell Stewart, whose career QB rating was 71. Kordell was horrible throwing the ball, mason is better than Kordell ever was right now. One when Ben was a rookie and they lost to New England. Ben was 15-1 and played the best QB in the history of the game. Plus ben was a rookie. I’d give Cowher a pass on that one. And one with Neil O’Donnell, who was the best QB between Bradshaw and Ben but average at best. His career high in TD passes in a year was 17 and he was only gonna start for one other team, the New York Jets, who had no QB. After that he was. Journeyman. Neil should’ve taken less money to stay here. His career died after leaving. He fit the Steelers and was the best we had at that time.

My criticism with Cowher was giving Kordell all of those chances, too many for the starting QB job. Kordell couldn’t cut it. And yanking Jim Miller after two quarters and going to Tomczak permanently for 1996 season. Jim Miller should’ve been given longer to see if he could do it. He had garbage QB Kent Graham and recycled XFL star maddox. And was competitive no less.

And OK he ended up 8-8 after the Super Bowl. No excuse. Then again he probably knew it was his last hurrah and put it in cruise till the last end.

Tomlin again 1 QB the whole time. He has had superior talent in the most important position on the field his entire career. Cowher had garbage nobody else would want and still put winning teams and make AFC games. It’s truly amazing especially Kordell throwing for more than 200 yards a game was a superb performance. Somehow made the champ game with a poor passer like kordell not once but twice.

Cowher did more with less and Tomlin has done less with more.

A HOF QB squandered in the prime years of his career. At least 2 more they could’ve gone to and underachieved with an early playoff exit.

Yep go pens

Old 09-24-2019, 02:00 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Stiller’s get 2 of the worst teams in the league for their next 2 games, and the 31st and 32nd worst rushing defenses. He’s received 34/43 carries so far this season. Maybe Conner can hold onto the ball and get enough yardage to help make a difference.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Stiller’s get 2 of the worst teams in the league for their next 2 games, and the 31st and 32nd worst rushing defenses. He’s received 34/43 carries so far this season. Maybe Conner can hold onto the ball and get enough yardage to help make a difference.
Maybe. I love Mark Madden’s comments on James Conners average yards per rush this year. He said dead people fall forward further when their heart stops. He may know that first hand being a heart attack survivor.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghaccuweather View Post
Maybe. I love Mark Madden’s comments on James Conners average yards per rush this year. He said dead people fall forward further when their heart stops. He may know that first hand being a heart attack survivor.
I heard Conner was questioning the play calling with the running game. If he was better there wouldn’t be an issue, and fumbling the ball is on him, not the play calling.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I heard Conner was questioning the play calling with the running game. He’s just not that good.
One thing that was pointed out and maybe Conner has a legit beef. He seems to get the ball flatfooted. I’m not sure if that’s just the playcalling or his poor technique.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghaccuweather View Post
One thing that was pointed out and maybe Conner has a legit beef. He seems to get the ball flatfooted. I’m not sure if that’s just the playcalling or his poor technique.
Few plays call for any back to be flat footed. That’s on him.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Few plays call for any back to be flat footed. That’s on him.
Good players should be able to adjust. His last 100 yard rushing game was November 4, 2018

Old 09-24-2019, 06:49 PM

Unless he gets injured, there’s no excuses if he can’t run on the Bengals and Dolphins.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:57 AM

684 posts, read 419,219 times
Quote:
And?
And that's the reason most Burghers will like Cowher over Tomlin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh