Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2019, 07:48 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
We all knew the Browns are the dirtiest team in the NFL and of course have the most penalties, but wow. Tons of helmet to helmet from them and knocking our players out left and right and then an assault that should result in season ending suspension AND hopefully some jail time as it was an assault and trying to end someone's young career that just is getting over a concussion. The Browns sure are one ugly bunch of players. ESPN and other sports channels are all saying the same thing as I just wrote, so it is nice to see real fans and experts agreeing. Rudolph will probably not press charges, but part of me wish he would.
The Browns have the most penalty yards because they have an extra game played. The Stiller’s are 8th in penalty yards also because they have an extra game played. Both will drop down in those standings after Sunday’s games.

Nobody in the NFL can or would press charges for what Garrett did.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:53 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:
Rudolph will probably not press charges, but part of me wish he would.
Quote:
Rudolph’s agent, Timothy Younger, said Friday morning via a text that he is still gathering information on Thursday night’s incident before any decisions regarding legal or civil action on Rudolph’s behalf are made.

Younger also tweeted the following: “There are many risks an NFL QB assumes every snap taken on the field. Being hit on your uncovered head by a helmet being swung by a 275-pound DE is not one of them. Tonight could have had a catastrophic ending. The matter will be reviewed thoroughly.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201911150109
Charges should be pressed. What happened wasn't part of the game, it wasn't a football play.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Charges should be pressed. What happened wasn't part of the game, it wasn't a football play.
Neither is punching or kicking part of the game, or football plays. He’ll be fined and suspended.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:01 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The Browns have the most penalty yards because they have an extra game played. The Stiller’s are 8th in penalty yards also because they have an extra game played. Both will drop down in those standings after Sunday’s games.

Nobody in the NFL can or would press charges for what Garrett did.
Please place money on this. Cleveland, if you follow football at all have the second most penalties per game only to Oakland who has been the known to be the dirtiest team in the NFL for decades. Cleveland will probably top that honor after some of the teams get to 10 games. PLENTY of teams have played 10 games already.

What Garrett did was unprecedented in the modern era in the NFL. You must not really know much about the game today. Just watch Sport Center and other NFL shows to get perspective. A player can't rip someone's helmet off while picking our QB off the ground in the process and then smash his head with a helmet. That is assault. Watch some NFL shows please.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Please place money on this. Cleveland, if you follow football at all have the second most penalties per game only to Oakland who has been the known to be the dirtiest team in the NFL for decades. Cleveland will probably top that honor after some of the teams get to 10 games. PLENTY of teams have played 10 games already.

What Garrett did was unprecedented in the modern era in the NFL. You must not really know much about the game today. Just watch Sport Center and other NFL shows to get perspective. A player can't rip someone's helmet off while picking our QB off the ground in the process and then smash his head with a helmet. That is assault. Watch some NFL shows please.
Browns will drop down in the standings on penalties. How many personal foul penalties do the Browns have compared to other teams?

Place money on what, and with who?

You should really take your own advice, as there aren’t going to be any assault charges.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-15-2019 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-15-2019, 08:46 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
They won't be pressed because NFL players would consider that not manly enough.

This situation is unprecedented in this era of football. Actually, even Alzado, that took a helmet off a player and threw it at him wasn't as bad as this. This was the NFL's worst act that I know of. Actually ripping a helmet off a player and trying to smash his head with it. That is completely different than punching or kicking. It is assault. There are some that say otherwise, and even Nate Burleson on NFL network sort of wanted to blame Rudolph, but some will defend certain types for their own reasons.

Anyway, the Browns are pretty sick. Damarious Randall is probably happy because his dirty play that got him ejected is going unnoticed. Also the game ending helmet to helmet hit on JuJu is going unnoticed. I have to go back to the Raiders of the 70's and 80's to think of a team as dirty as the Browns. Just a very unprofessional team that has no chance to go anywhere.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
They won't be pressed because NFL players would consider that not manly enough.

This situation is unprecedented in this era of football. Actually, even Alzado, that took a helmet off a player and threw it at him wasn't as bad as this. This was the NFL's worst act that I know of. Actually ripping a helmet off a player and trying to smash his head with it. That is completely different than punching or kicking. It is assault. There are some that say otherwise, and even Nate Burleson on NFL network sort of wanted to blame Rudolph, but some will defend certain types for their own reasons.

Anyway, the Browns are pretty sick. Damarious Randall is probably happy because his dirty play that got him ejected is going unnoticed. Also the game ending helmet to helmet hit on JuJu is going unnoticed. I have to go back to the Raiders of the 70's and 80's to think of a team as dirty as the Browns. Just a very unprofessional team that has no chance to go anywhere.
Charges won’t be pressed because you don’t press charges for plays on the field in the NFL.

Rudolph started the entire incident, so he will certainly get some blame.

Punching and kicking is certainly assault, but not on the field in the NFL, or most any other pro sport.

The hit on JuJu won’t go unnoticed. There will certainly be consequences and consequences for Randall.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:01 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I don’t, and haven’t seen anything from him that makes it look like he will.l, and that’s not even looking where he’s ranked among NFL qb’s the last 2 seasons.

What makes you think he will be?
He had the best rookie season of any QB as far as TD passes. If he started the season last year the Browns probably win the division and beat the Steelers instead of tying game one.

The guy can may plays. He extends the play with his legs has a strong arm and is accurate. This year he has been inconsistent until two weeks ago. He played well at Buffalo and very good yesterday. Miscommunication with his receivers kept the score close. Luckily for the Steelers the receivers and Mayfield weren’t on the same page For a few plays or would’ve been a blowout. He’s the best QB that defense has faced in over a month. The browns online is bad, even so he shredded our secondary. I think he’s starting to heat up and yes I think he will be a franchise QB. The talent and ability is there. The last two games have been consistent compared to ones before. Mayfield reminds me of a smaller Ben. Plus it took Ben a few years before he could win games by himself. His third year was horrible and the Steelers were 8-8. Then again you can argue the Steelers had supreme talent in bens first few years. Not downplaying Ben but I see a lot of similarities between playing styles on the field.

The browns have a lousy head coach. He’s overwhelmed and not ready for that job.

Also, Our defense looks good playing against Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Hoyer. Put somebody in who can make plays throwing and moving the pocket. Our Fitzpatrick was invisible yesterday because. Brian Hoyer and Ryan Fitzpatrick weren’t floating passes to a no mans land in the secondary for easy Pickens. Watt played excellent.

Quote:
We all knew the Browns are the dirtiest team in the NFL and of course have the most penalties, but wow. Tons of helmet to helmet from them and knocking our players out left and right and then an assault that should result in season ending suspension AND hopefully some jail time as it was an assault and trying to end someone's young career that just is getting over a concussion. The Browns sure are one ugly bunch of players. ESPN and other sports channels are all saying the same thing as I just wrote, so it is nice to see real fans and experts agreeing. Rudolph will probably not press charges, but part of me wish he would.
Rudolph started the skirmish if you watched the play from start to finish. If the Steelers LT did his job this wouldn’t have happened. Garrett tackled Rudolph who then grabbed Garrett’s face mask and tried to twist his head off o the ground. Garrett flipped out and tossed Rudolph like a rag doll by his face mask. Garrett was certainly wrong for what he did and should be suspended. I also think Rudolph and pounced should as well. Either suspend those three or don’t suspend them at all.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:16 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
I read somewhere that Garrett is a distant cousin of Turkey Jones.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:46 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post

Rudolph started the skirmish if you watched the play from start to finish.
You must have missed the start where Rudolph was tackled long after he passed the ball and thrown to the ground in a manner ridiculous with a few seconds left on the game. Seriously. So some QB in a very defenseless manner grabbed a face mask of some 270+ pound man? So what, that happens all the time and it is called, "face masking". Meaningless. Players grab helmets all the time. They don't rip them off and try and kill someone with one. This is unprecedented and almost every single NFL expert agrees with me.

Amazing people are defending the Browns on this forum. You are very much alone if you watch any NFL show today.

A legal expert is coming on ESPN2 to discuss legal action. We know it won't happen, but it could if the Steelers wanted to make it happen. They won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh