Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2019, 09:44 PM

61 posts, read 22,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Absolutely...but take the tackle like a football player and none of it happens.

Much like defenders who can’t wait to get after Mayfield extra hard, imo defenders are going to be going extra hard after Rudolph, now.
You mean just as ‘part of the game’ the defenders are trying to go after Mayfield extra hard? In regard to Rudolph, you are thinking all of them not just the Browns? Just to try to him get a reaction out of him right? Hopefully not to try and get away with continual hits to the head with the intention causing serious physical harm. Yes, I do realize this is football but still.

To be honest, I don’t know if I can watch the next Browns & Steelers game. I really just got back into watching the Steelers again this year but I was pretty turned off by the last game. It was hard to watch. Yes, us losing as we did; but really that whole fiasco at the end was so off putting to me.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOak2013 View Post
You mean just as ‘part of the game’ the defenders are trying to go after Mayfield extra hard? In regard to Rudolph, you are thinking all of them not just the Browns? Just to try to him get a reaction out of him right? Hopefully not to try and get away with continual hits to the head with the intention causing serious physical harm. Yes, I do realize this is football but still.

To be honest, I don’t know if I can watch the next Browns & Steelers game. I really just got back into watching the Steelers again this year but I was pretty turned off by the last game. It was hard to watch. Yes, us losing as we did; but really that whole fiasco at the end was so off putting to me.
Mayfield’s mouth and actions have defenders frothing to get a piece of him. Rudolph started what turned into a melee and there are a lot of players, not just Browns players, who have commented negatively about him for it.

I’m greatly looking forward to the next game. I don’t see it being anything like the last game as far as a melee goes, but it is funny that the league changed the game time from 4:25 to 1:00 and used the excuse of putting a better game in its place. Most everyone in the media and most fans have said that it’s because there’s less time to tailgate, therefore less alcohol consumption for Browns and Stiller’s fans, therefore resulting in less chance of fan fighting.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:11 PM

I did not realize that about Mayfield.

That makes sense & I really don’t blame them. Fans can be pretty unruly especially when alcohol is involved. Enjoy watching the game. I know lots of people are looking forward to the ‘rematch’.

Past my bedtime. Goodnight.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:17 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Gotta believe Garrett would’ve said this as soon as it happened, and imo he’s being advised to do this to save his neck, but this is going to be extremely interesting.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:26 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,675 times
I feel if he used a racial slur that would have been the first thing noted, incidents have happened before that were racially motivated and that is the very first thing each time. If Mason did not use one, which I doubt he did given what we know, Garrett should be ashamed since he is severely damaging the chance of others being believed. Honestly I think that is worse than what he did on the field.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:34 PM

Absolutely, but it’s an easy excuse/accusation to try to save himself a bunch of $$$.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:35 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
I just turned on ESPN for the first time in a while and the entire thing so far is about Mason used a racial slur. I turned football off for a while because of this soap opera. Lets go Pens. Geez, this season for the Steelers is more than over. Wow.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:53 PM

NFL decision for Garrett suspension upheld and Pouncey suspension dropped to 2 games.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj....outputType=amp

Awesome to hear the accusation by Garrett didn’t work.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-21-2019 at 01:05 PM..

Old 11-21-2019, 01:35 PM

You guys are all so right!

Amazing none of Garrett’s teammates heard anything about this until now. So very very disappointed in Garrett for saying that. At his appeal, he should have stuck to the truth & braced himself to take his punishment ‘like a man’ as some would say.

To smear another person to save your own skin is such a low. Regardless of what someone may have ‘instructed him, Myles Garret was speaking for Myles Garrett and he was the ultimate decision maker & has to live with himself. There’s no backing down from that statement now. Hope he lays low & focuses on doing a lot of good things for his community others. I think his latest statement will haunt him just as much or even more than the helmet hit. So much for integrity.

If Garrett is smart, going forward, he’ll say he just doesn’t want to discuss it anymore and wants to move on from it.

On a lighter note, yes it is good to hear that Pouncey’s suspension was reduced to only 2 games although I certainly don’t condone the kick to the helmet. Anyone hear if Rudolph was fined at all?

Old 11-21-2019, 01:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOak2013 View Post
Anyone hear if Rudolph was fined at all?
Fined around $35K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh