Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 09:48 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

It’s all about trying to win, and Rudolph couldn’t cut it today against the worst team in the league, and just threw 4 interceptions against the Browns a week ago.

I think Hodges gets the start, but won’t be surprised if Tomlin plays Rudolph. After all, with Ben out, he’s “obviously the next man up and we don’t live in our fears”.

Old 11-24-2019, 09:54 PM

61 posts, read 23,008 times
I get what you’re saying. It is all about winning games. I’m sorry to say I missed the game today. Would you believe I had to attend a Christmas party at a banquet hall? This celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving is a bit much for me. I’m still leaning toward not watching next weeks game. I don’t know maybe I’ll change my mind.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:05 PM

The Browns game is likely to be uneventful. Both organizations/teams will be warned, don’t want to get fined, and even though neither team is going anywhere of significance, they don’t want anymore suspensions, especially those that could carry into next season.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:19 PM

61 posts, read 23,008 times
I see. Okay, I’ll take that into consideration then. Suppose the NFL doesn’t want anything to happen that would be ‘bad for business’. Thanks.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:41 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOak2013 View Post
I get what you’re saying. It is all about winning games. I’m sorry to say I missed the game today. Would you believe I had to attend a Christmas party at a banquet hall? This celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving is a bit much for me. I’m still leaning toward not watching next weeks game. I don’t know maybe I’ll change my mind.

really? i think next week's game will be VERY interesting. our young, tough defense is likely going to make cleveland browns black and blue. and, if rudolph plays, this could be a milestone if he were to come in, better prepared, and lob some TDs.

erieguy, you are a little hard on the kid. read up on steelers history - people here wanted to run terry bradshaw out of town even well into his second year. mason has been blitzed so often, he has just a few seconds on each and every play, it seems. roethlisberger at times has like 5 seconds or more.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
really? i think next week's game will be VERY interesting. our young, tough defense is likely going to make cleveland browns black and blue. and, if rudolph plays, this could be a milestone if he were to come in, better prepared, and lob some TDs.

erieguy, you are a little hard on the kid. read up on steelers history - people here wanted to run terry bradshaw out of town even well into his second year. mason has been blitzed so often, he has just a few seconds on each and every play, it seems. roethlisberger at times has like 5 seconds or more.
I know Stiller’s history as well as most anyone.

Rudolph got benched against the worst team in the league. He’s a quality backup, not a quality starter. He’s getting blitzed because teams are begging him to throw the ball because they know he’s not good.

Ben can buy time when needed. Rudolph is very immobile and can’t get rid of the ball quickly or accurately enough....but I do look forward to him proving me wrong.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-24-2019 at 11:55 PM..

Old 11-25-2019, 02:02 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I know Stiller’s history as well as most anyone.

Rudolph got benched against the worst team in the league. He’s a quality backup, not a quality starter. He’s getting blitzed because teams are begging him to throw the ball because they know he’s not good.

Ben can buy time when needed. Rudolph is very immobile and can’t get rid of the ball quickly or accurately enough....but I do look forward to him proving me wrong.
Rudolph isn’t even a quality backup. He’s playing below the level of Mike Tomczak. At this point he’s on the Bubble as an NFL player. He lacks the confidence and is scared back there. Duck Hodges also stinks. He was 4-10 38 yards passing minus the one big pass play. Duck just has more confidence than Rudolph that’s the only difference.

At this point you can probably start Paxton Lynch. He can’t do any worse than the two you currently have. It’s a definite crap shoot at the QB position right now.

The Steelers better hope Ben comes back next year and is healthy. There is nobody to take over when Ben isn’t here.

The Steelers saving grace has been the defense and the fact the talent in the nfl is lousy and there are so many bad teams and players that shouldn’t be in the nfl. Too many teams and not enough talent to go around.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:34 PM

Listening to Tomlin’s “Tomlinisms”, it sounds like Rudolph is going to get the start.

Stiller’s +1 at home
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...e-in-30-years/

Last edited by erieguy; 11-25-2019 at 03:01 PM..

Old 11-25-2019, 06:37 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOak2013 View Post
I think this would be better:

Myles ‘Trash’ Garrett
He is a lier for sure. If he was called a racial slur, he would have stated it right away, not much later. He would have pointed the finger on the field and would be yelling it! No way it was said and anyone with any common sense would know that. Garret is garbage and I hope they hammer him next season, but they won't. He is a criminal really.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:44 AM

Wow, Tomlin just made it official that Hodges is starting against the Browns.

Yesterday’s “Tomlinisms” be damned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh