Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2019, 04:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
On a completely unrelated note, Leveon Bell is averaging 49.1 yards per game and 3.2 yards per carry this season with the Jets. I know that he was chasing the money and the Jets offensive line stinks, but I don't know if I have ever seen a decline like this so quickly in an NFL career. Leveon Bell was definitely a top 2 or 3 running back in the NFL before he sat out and now he has nearly 600 less rushing yards than the league leader and he has played the entire season without injury. I like Snell and still have some hope for Conner if he can ever stay healthy, but I think the Steelers dodged a bullet by not re-signing Bell.
The Jets are horrible. Put Bell on the Stiller’s and he’s still pumping out yards.

Conner can’t stay healthy, and even when healthy, other than the Dolphins game, he’s lousy.

Old 12-02-2019, 04:28 PM

44 posts, read 23,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
On a completely unrelated note, Leveon Bell is averaging 49.1 yards per game and 3.2 yards per carry this season with the Jets. I know that he was chasing the money and the Jets offensive line stinks, but I don't know if I have ever seen a decline like this so quickly in an NFL career. Leveon Bell was definitely a top 2 or 3 running back in the NFL before he sat out and now he has nearly 600 less rushing yards than the league leader and he has played the entire season without injury. I like Snell and still have some hope for Conner if he can ever stay healthy, but I think the Steelers dodged a bullet by not re-signing Bell.
That’s what often happens when you are good player on a crappy team. If he had gone to the Patriots he’d be having a record season right now. Pittsburghers have to love watching his struggles though.

I see the same happening with AB “if” he ever lands another job. Chances are it will be with a Jets/Bengals type team and he will fade into mediocrity. He really had it made with the New England job!

Old 12-02-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFuamatuMaafala View Post
That’s what often happens when you are good player on a crappy team. If he had gone to the Patriots he’d be having a record season right now. Pittsburghers have to love watching his struggles though.

I see the same happening with AB “if” he ever lands another job. Chances are it will be with a Jets/Bengals type team and he will fade into mediocrity. He really had it made with the New England job!
Pittsburghers revel in his struggles. He hurt many feelings that won’t ever go away.

AB’s best days are behind him and while he will only likely get a mediocre team to play for as you say, he’ll fade away sooner than later....and be able to play catch with TO, Johnson, Kaepernick, Moss, etc...

Last edited by erieguy; 12-02-2019 at 05:24 PM..

Old 12-02-2019, 07:49 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
All the out of town press that put the blame due Bell and AB leaving due to Steeler management sure look stupid now. Take away a great QB and O-line and those two are just better than average.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
All the out of town press that put the blame due Bell and AB leaving due to Steeler management sure look stupid now. Take away a great QB and O-line and those two are just better than average.
Neither wanted to be here but sure would look good here. Jets have one of the worst lines and team in the league. Nobody’s going to run the ball there.

As to management, don’t know exactly why they wanted out, but the Stiller’s did try to get Bell back.

Old 12-02-2019, 08:18 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I agree. It is never just one player, it is the big guys on the lines and other talent that can make others have enough room to be great. AB and Bell were lucky to be on a good team. Put them on an average team and they are nothing special. Good players, but nothing great. They are both fading into nothing as they should. Divas are a joke in the NFL now. Just get rid of them and your team will come together as a TEAM. That is what you want, not diva crap.

Old 12-02-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I agree. It is never just one player, it is the big guys on the lines and other talent that can make others have enough room to be great. AB and Bell were lucky to be on a good team. Put them on an average team and they are nothing special. Good players, but nothing great. They are both fading into nothing as they should. Divas are a joke in the NFL now. Just get rid of them and your team will come together as a TEAM. That is what you want, not diva crap.
They’re 2 of the best players in the league and why they got paid what they got paid. Bell isn’t on an average team, he’s on one of the worst teams in the league. AB simply got himself thrown off of teams or he’d still be one of the best players in the league.

Old 12-02-2019, 08:52 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Pittsburghers revel in his struggles. He hurt many feelings that won’t ever go away.

AB’s best days are behind him and while he will only likely get a mediocre team to play for as you say, he’ll fade away sooner than later....and be able to play catch with TO, Johnson, Kaepernick, Moss, etc...

Bell - not me, i would love to have him back.

AB - yes, i kinda revel....i dont want to see his face around here. annoying b itch that he is.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:12 AM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
JuJu will likely be back soon but he’s been lousy, even with a lousy qb, and Villanueva will also likely be back soon.

Why does the Duck have to be big? He’s 6’1” and the average qb height is 6’3”. The Duck is nothing special, but he’s looking like maybe a real good backup. Rudolph is big at 6’5” and he stinks. He’s looking like he’s not even capable of being a backup.

2009-2012 defenses were much better. The defense has greatly improved, and the Stiller’s have also enjoyed one of the easiest schedules in the NFL.
The Steelers schedule has been weird. Two games vs the Bengals, plus the Jets, and Dolphins, just awful. However, the Steelers have also played NE, Balt, SF, and Seattle, 4 of the 5 best teams in the NFL. Usually, you'd expect over half of your games to be against the middle, but not this year.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:47 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
The Steelers schedule has been weird. Two games vs the Bengals, plus the Jets, and Dolphins, just awful. However, the Steelers have also played NE, Balt, SF, and Seattle, 4 of the 5 best teams in the NFL. Usually, you'd expect over half of your games to be against the middle, but not this year.
Except for new england, their showing was pretty respectable vs. seattle, sf, and baltimore - all tough teams. of course, a loss is a loss, but its not like they've been at cininatti's level of play for those games.

its been a weird season, definitely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh